Menu

Bug found in ORS_8.3.1

Help
2010-10-28
2013-05-01
  • Paul Reasenberg

Paul Reasenberg - 2010-10-28

There appears to be a bug in 3.8.1. It appears in the "month view" only.  And it seems to appear only in Novembers. But not all years.  When the glitch happens, a numerical date in mid-November is repeated on Saturday and the following Sunday, which offsets all the dates for the rest of November.

To see this, go to http://www.gazos.org/scheduling/
    Login=guest, password=guest

Look at the month view for November 2010. There are two November 13ths.  Similar glitch happens for all years between 2010 and 2039 except 2015, 2020, 2026, 2038 and 2039.  I haven't found any months prior to the present where the glitch occurs. Strange, huh?

The weekly views seem fine. Anybody else seeing this? 

BTW, this bug is not seen in at http://www.cascadeflyers.com/orsdemo/
    which I believe is version 8.3. (login as "smith", password is "smith")

• Jeremy Shaver

Jeremy Shaver - 2010-10-28

Actually, another server I've got is running 8.3. 1 and does NOT show this problem. I suspect it is related to timezone issues.

One of the fixes in 8.3.1 DIRECTLY addressed this issue so I'm a bit confused…

• Paul Reasenberg

Paul Reasenberg - 2010-10-28

OK. What I think I'll do is download a fresh version of 8.3.1 and run it with default configuration.
    See what happens.

• Paul Reasenberg

Paul Reasenberg - 2010-10-29

OK, good news.  Apparently the version I was using was not the current 8.3.1.  Downloading a fresh copy and installing it has fixed the problem.  (I think there was a short window in August or September in which 8.3.1 was fixed with respect to php 5.x but not yet fixed with respect to the monthly views for November. Not sure, but that's the only explanation I can think of.) 

In any case, sorry for the false alarm - no bug.

• Jeremy Shaver

Jeremy Shaver - 2010-10-29

AH! Yes, due to a merge error when we built 3.8.1, there was a very brief window - a couple of days?? - where the bug had been "reintroduced". The behind-the-scenes update was not a particularly friendly way to handle that and I apologize. Anyone with 3.8.1 should probably just grab a clean version to be sure.