Menu

Scheduling is currently busy

Help
Aaron
2004-11-30
2013-05-01
  • Aaron

Aaron - 2004-11-30

I made a minor change to some text in the index.php file and after I uploaded the new index.php I get the error "Sorry, Scheduling is currently busy".  How can I unlock the scheduling?

• Jeremy Shaver

Jeremy Shaver - 2004-11-30

First: try waiting about a minute and try to log in (or do something) again (it has been more than a minute since you wrote your message so you could try it now). Whenever ORS is asked to do anything, it creates a lock file which contains a date and time of the request. If another user requests a page from ORS while that lock file exists, it will check how old the lock file is. If it is greater than a certain age, it will clear the lock automatically. The age required for clearing the lock depends on your configuration settings.

Second: If the automatic unlock fails for some reason, you can manually unlock the scheduler by downloading the "forceunlock" routine (NOTE: this "unlock" refers to unlocking the data folder, NOT the lock file mentioned above). Run that routine, then FTP into the site and locate the data folder inside the scheduling folder. In that folder you will find a lockfile.csv file. Delete this file and the scheduler will be unlocked.

By the way, both of those suggestions assume the change you made to index.php didn't mess up the lock file logic... Just a disclaimer.

• Jeremy Shaver

Jeremy Shaver - 2004-11-30

Amendment to what I wrote - the file to remove is the "scheduling.lock" file.