The Object-Role Modeling (ORM) standard version 2, associated schemas and generation tools, and a reference implementation in the form of Neumont ORM Architect for Visual Studio.
The January 2009 Community Technology Preview of Neumont Object-Role Modeling Architect for Visual Studio is now available through http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/orm or http://www.ormfoundation.org
Release notes are duplicated here:
Expanding the appropriate file download and running Setup.bat will uninstall any old NORMA version and reinstall the new pieces. Visual Studio instances should be shutdown before running setup, and Vista users should use the provided SetupVista.bat or explicitly run Setup.bat as an Administrator. The drop includes modifications through changeset 1356.
The January drop is a stabilization drop over the December 2008 release. Details are available in the included Readme.htm (which now installs into the NORMA root directory) and in the SVN change logs on sourceforge.
The following notable items have been improved:
1) The Fact Editor has enhanced support for handling inverse readings.
2) The Reading Editor now supports common editing commands (cut/copy/paste/undo/selectall) that were previously being redirected to the document window.
3) Add and removing implict and explicit objectification patterns was causing an aborted transaction in the relational model extensions. The user saw a 'Null reference exception' and could not complete the edit.
4) The double quotes around objectified FactType name fields have been restored (these were accidentally turned off in the October 2008 drop).
5) The Readme.htm file has been added to the install so that users do not have to go back to the downloaded .zip file to get readme information. This file is organized by both topic and by release date and answers a number of common forum queries. Please take the time to read through it once and track the incremental change notes after the initial reading.
Log in to post a comment.