A long winter's nap

2006-12-20
2013-05-28
  • Brian Nalewajek

Brian Nalewajek - 2006-12-20

'twas the week before Christmas, and all through the forum,
      not an admin was stirring, with news about OR - M...

The members were nestled, and snug in their beds
      while visions of CTP releases, danced in their heads....

As it seems that the project team is taking a long winter's nap, a merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night. (Hope to hear from you again in the new year).  BRN..

• Matthew Curland

Matthew Curland - 2006-12-23

The ORM team was scrambling new bits to perfect
      while postponing shopping; wife's close to a fit.
      The changeset's nine-thirty, up from eight-thirty-one
      so, as you can see, there's a lot to be done.

We're getting quite close, alas Christmas will pass
      but the week before New Year's we'll all raise a glass.
      A handful more changes and all will be stable:
      to play with new ORM toys you soon will be able.

(Reverting to prose) we're very close to having a new release stabilized. You should see much better performance, more verbalization, improved reading editing experience, more and improved generation (improved DDL, MySQL, a PHP entity layer, etc) much better layout in the context window, etc. Dr. Halpin and I are presenting at the HICSS 2007 academic conference the first week of January, so we need to finish up.

After negotiations with IT are completed, we're looking at moving the subversion repository to the Neumont site. Mirroring is difficult, and I need some features that SF doesn't offer to keep track of the students. This should allow the general public to build the latest bits so we can get quicker turnaround for your bugs. -Matt

• Brian Nalewajek

Brian Nalewajek - 2006-12-23

Hi Matt,
        I do appreciate the update on the tool progess - not to mention all the work done to make that progress.  While a bit late for a Christmas present, the new release will be welcome in deed.  Taking a look at the Neumont calander, it's easy to see how things can get hectic this time of year. (BTW, it was looking at the dates in the SVN browser that suggested that things  had slowed with the project - obviously not the best indicator).
        About a month ago, I started to put together a PowerPoint presentation on using the NORMA tool (from an outsider's perspective).  I was planning to use that for a presentation to a local DOTNET users group in 07.  Do you know if someone on your end is working on an updated PPT for the new release?  Would you like me to pass along what I put together?  I'll want to take a look at the new release and any documentation to keep the presentation in step.
        Best of luck finishing up your preperations - professional and personal.  Enjoy the holidays and post a note on how things go for you, on this site when have a chance.  BRN.. 

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks