Salary history

teresa
2008-05-05
2013-06-05
  • teresa

teresa - 2008-05-05

This is the message from orangehrm user:

Does orangehrm support salary history?
    Let's say you hire someone and at the 3rd month you want to raise the salary, and then at the 6th month you raise it again, is there someplace where you can see that change or it is just the latest salary?

• teresa

teresa - 2008-05-05

Hi,

The present functionality of the application permits you to keep track of the latest salary only.

However we would like to get more feedback on your requirements. Please feel free to elaborate your requirements. You can either respond to the same topic or visit our Wiki at http://www.orangehrm.com/app/wiki/index.php/Orange_Future

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Thanks,

Professional/Support Engineer
      OrangeHRM Inc.
      Phone: +94-11-2446623/4
      Fax: +94-11-2307579
      Web: http://www.orangehrm.com

• teresa

teresa - 2008-05-05

Here it's what i mean:

When you hire someone you sometimes give them a base salary and at the end of a 3 month period you raise this salary.
        At the end of his first year you reevaluate the employee and raise his salary again.
        When you look at the employee profile you want to know how much he was making when you hired him and also the salary each time you raise it. So if you have somebody with you for 5 years an you have raised his salary, let's say 6 times you can see that history from his profile, the changes in his salary and the dates that the change took place. That would give you valuable information on his progress in the company.
        The ideal place would be on the employee profile.

Also something i found interesting upon further testing of orangehrm, i think you need a "employee summary" of sorts. When you click on an employee you get minimal information since you're seeing his profile. Most HR staff would like to view a summary with the employee, date of hire, boss, salary, and that kind of info and then if they want they can look on different menus for in depth info, that way you minimize the amount of navigation that must be done.
        Thank you.

• teresa

teresa - 2008-05-05

Good suggestions. We will consider these for future versions of OrangeHRM.

I hope lack of these feature do not stop you from using OrangeHRM.

- Himath

• teresa

teresa - 2008-05-05

This is the message from orangehrm user:

our company also needs salary history

as well as a history (log) of ANY changes to ANY thing inside the system.

• Arnold De Souza

Arnold De Souza - 2010-08-13

I agree, what is otherwise a brilliant open source product is lacking these two important items that make it not ready to implement at our company.
    Orange HRM needs an audit trail of any changes to anything and a salary history, with date of increase/decrease and reason for increase/decrease.

We are currently using ADP's HR/Benefits Solution and it has both of these critical features. It also has a ridiculous price tag unfortunately.

CM

• Arnold De Souza

Arnold De Souza - 2010-09-25

I found interesting upon further testing of orangehrm, i think you need a "employee summary" of sorts. When you click on an employee you get minimal information since you're seeing his profile. Most HR staff would like to view a summary with the employee, date of hire, boss, salary, and that kind of info and then if they want they can look on different menus for in depth info, that way you minimize the amount of navigation that must be done.
    Thank you.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks