MySQL
shane
2007-02-05
2013-06-05
  • shane

shane - 2007-02-05

This message from orangehrm user:
    Hi!
    Is there a way to import employees into the users table from an excel spreadsheet or Active Directory? How would I go about doing that?
    How would that affect the user ID? Would it have to be automatically generated as well?
    Thanks,
    edoose

• shane

shane - 2007-02-05

Nmind. I figured it out. 
      Thanks!
      edoose

• shane

shane - 2007-02-08

How did you do that? Can you share it here?
      hivanet

• shane

shane - 2007-02-08

Sure. I went into phpmyadmin, and selected the orangehrm database. Then click on Import to import the users into the table, with a specific CSV format file. You can export the table into a CSV file as a sample, just to see how you would import the data from a csv file. Hope that helps.
      edoose

• shane

shane - 2007-02-08

Actually, it'd be great if someone created a few Excel templates for various sections of the OrangeHRM database so that someone could enter all the data via the efficient spreadsheet format and then upload everything at once.

• Arnold De Souza

Arnold De Souza - 2010-09-27

Sure. I went into phpmyadmin, and selected the orangehrm database. Then click on Import to import the users into the table, with a specific CSV format file. You can export the table into a CSV file as a sample, just to see how you would import the data from a csv file. Hope that helps.

• Arnold De Souza

Arnold De Souza - 2010-12-23

I successfully imported our current employees into the database. However, when I go to add a new employee the employee_id field is incorrect. The employee_id 0001 through 0042 are already in use. When I attempt to add a new employee through the GUI it gives an error:

Code: Select all
        Failed to Add. Duplicate Employee Code Entered.

How does OrangeHRM determine what the next employee_id should be set to? Where can that value be updated so that I can successfully add a new employee with employee_id = 0043 through the GUI? I assume other users will have this issue if they manually import values into the database as well.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks