Marc
2012-12-07
2012-12-12
  • Marc

Marc - 2012-12-07

Hello,

I am evaluating OpenXava.
    When I try the quick start I encounter the following error:
    Whan I go to http://localhost:8080/MySchool/modules/Teacher, I see the screen with 2 records, but when I try to push any button, I just got "Error on page" at the left bottom of the Internet Explorer window.

Some things I observed while running "MySchool.deployWar" in Eclipse:
    createWebXml:
    [loadfile] C:\Programs\OpenXava\workspace\MySchool\web\WEB-INF\servlets.xml doesn't exist
    [loadfile] C:\Programs\OpenXava\workspace\MySchool\web\WEB-INF\filters.xml doesn't exist
    [loadfile] C:\Programs\OpenXava\workspace\MySchool\web\WEB-INF\listeners.xml doesn't exist

createEditorsJS:
    [copy] Warning: Could not find file C:\Programs\OpenXava\workspace\MySchool\web\WEB-INF\classes\MySchool-messages_en.properties to copy.
    [copy] Warning: Could not find file C:\Programs\OpenXava\workspace\MySchool\web\WEB-INF\classes\MensajesMySchool_en.properties to copy.
    [copy] Warning: Could not find file C:\Programs\OpenXava\workspace\MySchool\web\WEB-INF\classes\EtiquetasMySchool_en.properties to copy.

Does anybody has any idea how to help me further?

Thanks,
    Marc

• Javier Paniza

Javier Paniza - 2012-12-10

Hi Marc,

have you any trace in the server? Please, put it here.
    Did you try with other browser?
    Have you tried to restart the Tomcat?

Don't worry. The messages of the ant target are warnings with no importance at all.

Help others in this forum as I help you.
    Before posting a question search this forum for the answer,
    and read the OpenXava documentation in openxava.org.

• Marc

Marc - 2012-12-10

Javier,
    -It does not work with Mozilla FireFox either, nor after Tomcat restart.
    -at the end of the Tomcat log, the following appears:

WARNING: Using org.hibernate.id.UUIDHexGenerator which does not generate IETF RF
    C 4122 compliant UUID values; consider using org.hibernate.id.UUIDGenerator inst
    ead
    Dec 10, 2012 7:58:45 PM org.hibernate.impl.SessionFactoryObjectFactory addInstan
    ce
    INFO: Not binding factory to JNDI, no JNDI name configured

Furthermore, I get already a severe error while starting Tomcat. The error seems related to XML parsing. I use Saxon for XML parsing. I tries already with removing SAXON from teh PATH variable, but without success. I copy here 2 parts of the trace:

__
    SEVERE: Parse Fatal Error at line 1 column 1: Content is not allowed in prolog.
    org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; systemId: jndi:/localhost/host-manager/WEB-INF/we
    b.xml; lineNumber: 1; columnNumber: 1; Content is not allowed in prolog.
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.createSAX
    ParseException(ErrorHandlerWrapper.java:198)

SEVERE: Parse error in application web.xml file at jndi:/localhost/host-manager/
    WEB-INF/web.xml
    org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; systemId: jndi:/localhost/host-manager/WEB-INF/we
    b.xml; lineNumber: 1; columnNumber: 1; Content is not allowed in prolog.
    __

Does this give you already an indication?

Thanks!
    Marc

• Javier Paniza

Javier Paniza - 2012-12-12

Hi Marc,

I did not see anything strange the Tomcat, and the HTML looks good, though I cannot test it because I have not the dependencies (the JS files).

Does you use your own Tomcat or the Tomcat included in OpenXava?
    Did you modify the Tomcat in some way?
    Have you tried the code in another computer?

Uncompress OpenXava in other location and try the quick start from scratch. Does it work?
    Which version of Java and what operating system are you using?

Ask OpenXava questions on StackOverflow

• Marc

Marc - 2012-12-12

Javier,

I downloaded OX to another location and now it works!

(don't know what happened. I downloaded this time from Sourceforge download page. Anyhow, I'm fine now.)

Thanks,
    Marc