Menu

Liferay Navigation - Adding Child Pages to Navigation Menu

Sean
2013-11-18
2013-11-21
  • Sean

Sean - 2013-11-18

I have my OpenXava application deployed successfully on Liferay 6.0.5. I am able to add portlets and navigate the different pages I create fine. The problem I am having is with the display of child pages in the Liferay navigation bar. I have been searching for solutions to this issue on Google and stackoverflow and see many people with the same issue. However, I'm not finding a solution that works. Can anyone on this forum help out? I just want the child pages I define to display on the horizontal menu along the top of the Liferay window. An arrowhead is created and visible when I define a child page, but it does not display in the menu.

Thanks,
    Sean

• Javier Paniza

Javier Paniza - 2013-11-21

Hi Sean,

I used Liferay 6.0.5 for openxava.org and I created child pages for the blog and the submenu is shown without any problem.

Do you have some stacktrace?
    Do you have some JavaScript error?
    Which exact steps do you follow for adding the submenu?
    Do you look for help in Liferay forums?

Help others in this forum as I help you.

• Sean

Sean - 2013-11-21

Thanks for your reply, Javier. I'm not sure why, but once I deleted my child page, restarted the server and added a new child page, the submenus were included. I am using the Classic theme. I understand there are some themes which, by design, do not include child navigation. So, I'm all set and it looks like I just needed to start over with adding child pages.

Thanks,
    Sean