OpenXava/Liferay auto update module

2013-05-02
2013-05-13
  • Erieze Lagera

Erieze Lagera - 2013-05-02

Hello,

Is there any way to have an automatic refresh or update CRUD when a database was altered or modified?
    There is an extension called "Tab Reload" from Firefox extensions which somehow helps to refresh the whole tab, but it is more nicely if the CRUD is the only one refreshed most especially at list view.

Thank you!

• Javier Paniza

Javier Paniza - 2013-05-06

Hi Erieze,

you can add some JavaScript to the Liferay page that contains the OpenXava module to refresh that module regularly.

Do you want to refresh the content each time the database is modified from any source or just by your OpenXava application?

Help others in this forum as I help you.
    Need more help? Get OpenXava professional support.

• Erieze Lagera

Erieze Lagera - 2013-05-09

Hello,

Yes, I want to refresh the content each time the database is modified from any source. That is the one I really need.

Is there any way to do it?

Thank you!

Last edit: Erieze Lagera 2013-05-09
  • Javier Paniza

Javier Paniza - 2013-05-13

Hi Erieze,

I want to refresh the content each time the database is modified from any source.

I think it's technically possible, but complicate. Maybe, defining a trigger in your database and using Comet techniques you can accomplish it. Obviously this outside of OpenXava scope given it need very specific code at database level, so it's your challenge.

On the other hand, if you want that when user touch some data from your OX application, the current users seeing this data see the data updated automatically it would be possible, but we would need to improve OpenXava to add comet support.

If you need this for a specific module maybe with a little JavaScript to refresh the page regularly you have enough.

Help others in this forum as I help you.
    Need more help? Get OpenXava professional support.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks