Steps to reproduce:
1. Install Java Access Bridge v2.01 (http://java.sun.com/javase/technologies/accessibility/accessbridge/index.jsp) into the JRE used by Open Workbench
2. Start Open Workbench.
3. Open Workbench crashes with two C++ errors, one for npWbench.exe and then a subsequent one for Sched_link.exe
If you disable accessibility for the JRE by these steps
1. Ensure the pertinent JRE is not loaded by any application.
2. Go to "lib" folder of pertinent JRE.
3. Open accessibility.properties file in text editor
4. Comment out the "assisitive_technologies...." line by placing a leading # in the line, e.g.
5. Save and close the file
6. Start Open Workbench. It does not crash.
So there seems to be some conflict between Open Workbench and the Java Access Bridge accessibility interface provided by Sun.