Development

Help
2009-04-15
2013-04-08
  • Qvindesland

Qvindesland - 2009-04-15

Hi

Is this project still being developed? I really think that this is a great project and I would hate to see that it is not being developed.

Regards
    Per Qvindesland

• Ron Dorn

Ron Dorn - 2009-04-15

Currently the project is not under active development. There are several reasons for that.

1.   The project currently uses most, if not all, of the functionality available in the OpenVPN management console. If new features have been added, I am not aware of them. What changes/features would you like to see?

2.  My job situation has changed. When I developed the app I was working for a start-up where I had deployed OpenVPN to a 50 user population. The tool was written with the permission of my employer to release as open source. I am no longer at that company. In my current position I write tools to help manage the various data centers and systems at SalesForce.com that are not IT related. OpenVPN is not used at SalesForce, and even it it was, I do not work in that area of the organization.

3.  Due to the situation described in #2. I no longer have access to a decent openVPN environment, a Windows machine appropriate for development, or time to work on the project.

While I hesitate to call the project 'dead' or 'abandon' it is fair to say it is not under active development. That being said if you, or anyone else, wanted to contribute to the project your own ideas, code, resource, etc I would be more then happy to collaborate with someone. Also, if you wanted to create you own offshoot, as long as it's also made available via GPL that is allowed and encouraged. GPL code can never die if there is someone who wants to work with it, that's the point of the license.

Ron Dorn

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks