Menu

Protocol MajorVersion and Minor Version

2022-12-15
2022-12-15
  • Akash Agarwal

Akash Agarwal - 2022-12-15

Hi folks,
    I'm trying to use OpenV2G, it works really good.. but encountered a hurdle in appHandshake request. The Major Version and Minor Version numbers. So currently I believe that Major version 1 and Minor Version 0 is for iso:11518-2-2010 which is DIN specification and Major version 2 and Minor Version 0 is for iso:11518-2-2013 which is iso1 specification. I also believe that Minor Version can vary. Therefore could you please throw some light on how these versions are decided and how many exist.. And please correct me if i'm wrong

Thank You

• Daniel Peintner

Daniel Peintner - 2022-12-15

Hi,

OpenV2G lets you use the handshake protocol to "agree" on a given version up-front to be sure that both speak the "same" language.

I think you may need to look into the dedicated specifications which major/minor version means what. We don't have a full list handy we can share..

-- Daniel

• Akash Agarwal

Akash Agarwal - 2022-12-15

Hi Daniel Peintner,

I think major/minor versions have something to do with XML schema namespaces. You can please confirm which namespaces does OpenV2G 0.9.4 support

• Daniel Peintner

Daniel Peintner - 2022-12-15

Hi,

Once again, openV2G handshake implementation exists to setup up-front which data exchange version is supported by both (car & charger).. based on the outcome you can for example pick the data exchange for DIN, ISO, ISO2 etc .

I don't think there is more I can add this...

-- Daniel