#118 Upload progress doesn't show up in Safari and Chrome


Hi all,

I would like to know if there is any way to display the upload progress in Safari and Chrome.. It works pretty well with Firefox but any advice in how to make all of this working in all browsers ?

Any help would be much appreciated..

For some who are interested, I added a really simple progress bar (good looking for users) with this code at the end of uploadProgress.tpl :

{if $progress.complete>0}





  • Alessandro Briosi

    In trunk version should be working.
    The problem is that you need to add an iframe to post the files afair.


  • Anonymous - 2014-01-02

    Any fix for this ?

  • Alessandro Briosi

    as said use svn version.

  • Anonymous - 2014-01-07

    Thank you for your answer, however, the svn version ( revision 398 ) generates whole new level of issues by giving this error: "PHP Warning: mysql_free_result() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /lib/modules/db/mysql.inc.php" on line 65.
    I've red about the error and it seems not only that the method used in script is deprecated, but it's also vulnerable to SQL injections (check stackoverflow's topic on this). Is there somewhere a newer revision that I failed to find ?
    Note: I've tried on a fresh install and the result is the same.

  • Alessandro Briosi

    All browsers have a different way to handle this. Probably the best way right now is also to use HTML5 upload (which openupload lacks as it's old code)

    Don't understand what's vulnerable OpenUpload svn or mysql_free_result?
    Though that error is probably caused by a wrong query, which means SVN version was not installed properly (database must be installed manually and not from the installer).

    There was a good blog post about installing openupload svn.

  • Anonymous - 2014-03-19

    I've managed to fix the problem after all and I thought to share the the solution (I've barely find the topic).
    For some reason, even after a fresh install I wasn't able to import the tables (1_structure.sql, 2_base.sql and 3_public/restricted/service.sql) because my MySQL server was configured to InnoDB.
    Right after I've changed it to MyISAM, everything worked right away, no errors. I believe that this is something that you should mention on the documentation Alessandro :)

    • Alessandro Briosi

      Well it seems the last report is on the wrong topic.

  • Alessandro Briosi

    • Status: open --> closed


Cancel  Add attachments