Sometime in the next eight hours, there is going to be a major update to the dev branch. This should be "the final beta" before 1.0.
Thanks to everyone who has tried OpenTag -- it probably has not been easy, but it is getting better everyday thanks to you. We are not at 1.0 yet -- I'm hoping for that to be ready before the end of March. At that time I will be in Paris at a plugtest, so in Paris I will have a 1.0 party (consider yourself invited).
Some notes on the new Beta:
1. The files are arranged more nicely.
- No more ridiculous configuration through OT_support.h.
- More flexible for future upgrades
- Keep in mind that, until I clean up every project, you will probably need to fix the include list in the makefile
2. There is a mostly untested AES128 SW library in OTlib.
- It came from STMicro, but it seems device independent
- It is ready to be worked-into the Authentication module (some work is already done on that)
3. New System/Kernel features
- sys_panick() is for managing kernel panicks
- sys_refresh() can refresh the MAC from settings at runtime
4. System/Kernel improvements
- The sysevt_xxx() functions have been changed: they now are of type: void sysevt_xxx(void).
- sys_event_manager() has been greatly improved: faster + smaller + more reliable + easier to read
- Some session popping bugs have been fixed
5. Encoder and CRC16 updates
- Some basic bug fixes and reliability fixes
- cleaned-up the way the codecs are allocated, which is easier to read and also results in smaller + faster code.
- crc_update() is no longer used
6. Platform updates
- I am working with an STM32 + MLX73xxx platform right now, so expect more official STM32 ports coming soon.
- A direct-connection USB ACM driver is working with Mpipe on the STM32.
- As said, there is a driver available for the MLX73-series chips, which is currently a prototype. It just went to "tape-out," but when it is available, it will be a nice chip to use.
7. Fixes / Updates to Network Layer & Transport Layer
- too many to list.
8. Lots of other updates I can't remember!