Menu

Some Programming Help Please?

2005-04-25
2021-07-21
  • Nobody/Anonymous

I'm not a programmer, but I'm making a few changes to the code to customize it for the way our church uses OpenSong. It's fairly easy to change the keyboard codes to make the LEFT/RIGHT arrows advance and UP/DOWN arrows move to the other sections... But I'm having trouble figuring out how to implement a SAVE AS feature for the songs. It's cumbersome to exit out of the program, duplicate the file at OS level then back if you want to do an alternate version of a song (different key or arrangement) but I can't figure out the whole xchild thing to simply duplicate a file with the text "Copy" added to it. Can one of you geniuses post a sample or email me?
    JLeinbaugh@comcast.net

• Nobody/Anonymous

As a followup to my first post here... I have the impression that several people are interested in using remotes with the program and wanting a version of OpenSong that supports LEFT/RIGHT advance. What is the procedure for making that quick fix available for others? The programmable keys would be a cool feature, but as a quick fix, would anyone be interested in a "patch"" like this? I gather from the forums here that several of you have made alterations to OpenSong for your church. What kind of changes have you guys (gals?) implemented? Any worth sharing as we pray and wait for V1.0?

• Nobody/Anonymous

As a followup to my first post here... I have the impression several people have expressed an interest in a more "Powerpoint like" interface to be able to use their remote controls. Is there a protocol to make that simple change available to other users as a "patch" as we patiently wait and pray for V1.0? Is anyone interested in a version of OpenSong that changes the advance arrows to LEFT/RIGHT and the Secton arrows to UP/DOWN?

JLeinbaugh@comcast.net

• Ptujec

Ptujec - 2021-07-21

Did something come out of this? I would like a version that advances and goes back with left and right.

• Jonathan Corwin

Jonathan Corwin - 2005-04-25

Hopefully if Sean can get this "meeting" arranged for wannabe developers, then this is something that can be discussed... perhaps we need to think about an agenda and the items to go on it!

I'm wondering if it's worth putting a lot of effort into mods for the current version until we have an idea of what changes Sean has made to the code. We may find we're duplicating effort, or code has been rewritten in such a way that it may not be easy to slot in any changes we're making in parallel.