OpenSkipper Thank you, and Suggestion

• Nobody/Anonymous

First off OpenSkipper has been a life saver for work. I did have to make numerous changes to the Definitions xml files to make things correct.

Some suggestions first is it possible to add in more protected variables than private for inheritance. Classes in particular I am overriding and are the AISDefnCollection. Currently I am using the original Definition Collection to provide a enumeration like mapping .

Secondly is it possible the framework can be modified to move in the other direction of AIS messaging. IE currently the code base seems to be more targeted as a consumer of Data than a provider. I was hoping to use the  N0183Sender class backbone of an AIS simulator. However, being that AISFrame's constructor is private it seems I need to provide the whole AIS message up front to the N0183Frame rather than build it.

• Anonymous - 2011-04-19

Linking to this topic since I created it.

• Andrew

Andrew - 2011-05-23

Thanks for your comments; sorry for the delay in replying.

We would very much like to know about the changes to the definitions that you have made. Kees at would also be interested I think as he provided the file.

Your code suggestions sound very sensible. Do you want to chat over email to work out how we best take this forward?

Thanks, Andrew

PS: I'd be interested in hearing more about how you are using OpenSkipper.
    PPS: We have a minor upgrade with a bug fix that we can discuss over email.

• Glen Wardrop

Glen Wardrop - 2012-03-28

Really useful project - I was searching for some NMEA code examples for integration into monitoring application for race yacht performance,    This is much more than that and extremely useful  out of the box.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks