opensipsctl add:provide email address or not?

2009-01-05
2013-05-09
  • Nobody/Anonymous

Dear folks,

when I try to add a user (with username and password) to the databese, I get the following failure:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ~# opensipsctl add 123 123
    email_address cannot be empty or null
    ERROR: introducing the new user '2011' to the database failed
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and when I add the user with email address, I get the usage-message:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ~# opensipsctl add 123 123 123@bla.com

-- command 'add|passwd|rm' - manage subscribers

add <username> <password> .......... add a new subscriber (*)
    passwd <username> <passwd> ......... change user's password (*)
    rm <username> ...................... delete a user (*)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The version, which I use, is:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ~# opensips -V
    version: opensips 1.4.3-tls (i386/linux)
    flags: STATS: Off, USE_IPV6, USE_TCP, USE_TLS, DISABLE_NAGLE, USE_MCAST, SHM_MEM, SHM_MMAP, PKG_MALLOC, F_MALLOC, FAST_LOCK-ADAPTIVE_WAIT
    ADAPTIVE_WAIT_LOOPS=1024, MAX_RECV_BUFFER_SIZE 262144, MAX_LISTEN 16, MAX_URI_SIZE 1024, BUF_SIZE 65535
    poll method support: poll, epoll_lt, epoll_et, sigio_rt, select.
    svnrevision: 2:5076
    @(#) $Id: main.c 4504 2008-07-29 09:55:03Z bogdan_iancu $
    main.c compiled on 10:29:34 Dec 19 2008 with gcc 4.3.2
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Many thanks for help in advance

• Bogdan-Andrei Iancu

I guess your error comes from the a DB restriction - my wild guess is that you have a "email_address" in your table and it is set to NOT NULL......and as opensipsctl does not insert this field anymore, the mysql client is generating the error.

Regards,
      Bogdan

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks