Polycom registrar is ok

2009-06-09
2013-05-09
  • Mathieu SEHEDIC

Mathieu SEHEDIC - 2009-06-09

Hello anybodies !

I am French student in  Voip. Actually, I make a training session in a video-conference enterprise. In my project I use OpenSIPs with more hardphone, softphone and other VoIP devices. In my tests, I saw one trouble with some polycom product (polycom softphone PVX 8,Polycom RMX 4.0.1.29, Polycom MGC ). This trouble is the URI in the "To" field is poorly formed. It's likely <sip:username> but this URI type wasn't parsed.
    For troubleshoot this, i added this follow line in parse/parse_uri.c file at the line 396 :

default :
        /* if the user part isn't defined and if the "for loop" will is complete */
        if ( (*(p+1) == '>' ) && (uri->host.len == 0) ) {
            uri->user.s=s;
            uri->user.len=(p-s)+1;
            s=p+1;
        }
    }  //End of  "case URI_USER"

To check whether your SIP client is bugging, you can add  the follow line in opensips.cfg file :
         if (is_method("REGISTER"))
         {
               sl_send_reply("111","You are $tU");

• Bogdan-Andrei Iancu

Hi Mathieu,

Such a TO URI is not valid at all - see RFC3261 - A valid SIP URI must have a domain name. So, your change breaks the SIP interoperability.

Regards,
      Bogdan

• Mathieu SEHEDIC

Mathieu SEHEDIC - 2009-06-23

Hello Bogdan,

I'm agree with you, but i must to use the Polycom video station in my project. This registration trouble exist in many polycom product. "a TO URI is not valid at all" it's true, but i can't edit the polycom firmware then I edit the openSIPs code.

I posted this message to help the technician will have this problème.

Regards,

Mathieu

• Bogdan-Andrei Iancu

But a better approach will be to report the bug to Policom so that they should align to the SIP standard.

Regards,
        Bogdan

• Mészáros Mihály

Hi in polycom equipment you can add the full uri in username!
    This is a workaround, but i tested it and it works….

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks