Logging outbound SIP messages

2009-10-20
2013-05-09
  • Roman Shpount

Roman Shpount - 2009-10-20

Is there a simple way to log SIP messages generated by OpenSIP into syslog? It is fairly simple to log all the inbound messages, but I can't find a way to access all the OpenSIPS generated messages from the configuration file script.

• Jim Fitzgerald

Jim Fitzgerald - 2009-11-10

Maybe you want to try the parameter log_stderror=no in opensips.cfg (no console output). Messages are then send to syslog service.

• Roman Shpount

Roman Shpount - 2009-11-10

I was actually asking about SIP messages, not general log messages. As far as I can see there is no way to log or access SIP messages generated by OpenSIPS except using sip trace module. What I wanted was to log SIP messages into syslog.

• Bogdan-Andrei Iancu

Hi Roman, you can use the siptrace module to trace all the sip messages related to a specific transaction, but the dumping is done via the DB interface (so to mysql, to dbtext, to flatstore , which can be files).
    Regards,
    Bogdan

• Roman Shpount

Roman Shpount - 2009-11-12

Thank you for your reply Bogdan.

We are already using siptrace, but even in this case we have a problem. siptrace does not log outbound sip replies outside of a transaction. So, if we forward the request in a stateless fashion, get the reply back, and forward it based on via, then siptrace can log the incoming request, forwarded request, incoming response, but not the forwarded response. At least not without starting a transaction (everything is logged for relayed requests). This might be a bug.

We are running openSIPS as a stateless proxy and because of this do not log any of the outbound responses. So, we are still looking for a solution.

• Jigisha Raje

Jigisha Raje - 2010-11-09

Hi,
    I am using opensips as registrar and stateless proxy.
    I can see messages like INVITE and REGISTER in the table but not there replies which are generated.
    Please tell me what is the way for it?

Regards,
    Jigisha Raje

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks