Menu

Notifications for live Opensips Media Traffic

2012-08-12
2013-05-09
  • Koloz World

Koloz World - 2012-08-12

Hi everyone,

I would say I'm a bit new to Opensips so I'm wondering if someone will be able to help with the problem I currently have.
    I have an Opensips server which I monitor with Nagios via email notifications. However I recently realized that this was not enough to guarantee proper monitoring of live media as calls through my Opensips media relays failed when the allocated circuits were used up as a result of huge traffic. I observed the only way to know the calls are failing in this situation is if I am glued to my PC and watching the Live Media Sessions 24 hours which I think is practically impossible.

My question in a nutshell is, is there a way to set up notifications, either email, text message or phone calls, to notify me when calls are failing or not passing through my media relays other than just by looking at the live media sessions on the PC?

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Kolo.

• Bogdan-Andrei Iancu

Hi Kolo,

For signalling related failures (as you can detect them from script) , you can simply use the event interface from script in order to generate an event (and have an external app consuming the events) - see the Event Interface in the docs.

For media part - as opensips doesn;t do media, what relay are you using ? Media proxy or rtpproxy ?

Regards,
    Bogdan

• Koloz World

Koloz World - 2012-08-13

Hi Bogdan,

Thanks for your message…

As for your first response, I am not too clear on what you mean by using the event interface from script in order to generate an event (and have an external app consuming the events). and which docs are you referring to? Can you please shed more light?

Secondly, I use media proxy relays.

Really appreciate your response.
    Thanks.

Koloz.