Menu

Inconsistencies in search results

Help
2013-02-21
2013-02-22
  • Juan Maturana

Juan Maturana - 2013-02-21

Since we updated to version 1.3.1, we are having problems with queries. I do the following query:

Pattern query: title:($$)
    Enter the query: Barcelona
    Default operator: AND
    Start offset: 0
    Number of rows: 10
    Phrase slop: 2
    Language: Spanish

And among the results are some nonsense. For example:

metaDescription(1) : Hotel Rei Del Mediterrani,Atrápalo te ofrece los mejores precios para este hotel. El Hotel Rei del Mediterrani es un hotel de 4 estrellas en Alcudia, situado a escasos 500 metros de una
    metaKeywords(1) : ofertas,viajes,vuelos,hoteles,teatro,entradas,billetes,aviones,Madrid,Barcelona
    title(1) : Hotel Rei Del Mediterrani, Alcudia (Mallorca) - Atrapalo.cl
    url(0)

If in the title does not appear 'Barcelona', how is it possible that it is returned as result? And what means the url(0) field? When do I can have indexed a url(0)?

Thank you.

• Naveen A.N

Naveen A.N - 2013-02-21

Hello Juan,

It seems the search result is matched from the default search field.
    The default search field will be in (Schema/Fields) under "Select the default field".
    If you need to search the title alone you can select the title in the default field.

Regarding the url(0).
    Can you please check that the index is optimized ?

-- Naveen.A.N

• Juan Maturana

Juan Maturana - 2013-02-22

First of all, thank you very much for answering so fast.

I answer in parts:

1.- "If you need to search the title alone you can select the title in the default field." - I do not understand. In the query I am indicating only the title. Why does is it looking for in the default field? Which is currently configured as 'content'.

2.- I see that the index is not optimized. Could that be the reason?

Thank you very much again.

• Naveen A.N

Naveen A.N - 2013-02-22

Hello,

OpenSearchServer searches the index in default field along with "Pattern query" specified in the query template.

This default search field is mandatory.

If you define the "default field" as "title" and no query in the query template it will search for the text in the "title" fields alone.

Yes before searching the index need to be optimized.

--Naveen.A.N