Version of QT to build openrpt apps?

Developers
2008-01-12
2013-04-26
  • Steve Spicklemire

Hi Folks,

I'm trying to build the openrpt apps from source, but I'm guessing I'm using too recent a version of Qt (Qt-4.3.3).

What version do you guys use to build against?

I'm getting:

g++ -c -m64 -pipe -O2 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.3.3/mkspecs/linux-g++-64 -I. -I/usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.3.3/include/QtCore -I/usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.3.3/include/QtCore -I/usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.3.3/include/QtGui -I/usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.3.3/include/QtGui -I/usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.3.3/include -I. -Icommon -Igraph -IMetaSQL -IOpenRPT/common -IOpenRPT/import_gui -IOpenRPT/renderer -IOpenRPT/writer -IOpenRPT/wrtembed -IOpenRPT/images -I. -I. -o dbtools.o common/dbtools.cpp
    In file included from common/dbtools.cpp:21:
    common/dbtools.h:25:24: error: QSqlDatabase: No such file or directory
    common/dbtools.h:39: error: ‘QSqlDatabase’ does not name a type
    common/dbtools.cpp:57: error: ‘QSqlDatabase’ does not name a type

but QSqlDatabase is now in:

/usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.3.3/include/QtSql

which didn't get put in the include list by qtmake.

thanks!
    -steve

• Steve Spicklemire

OK.. replying to myself.. I got past the QtSql include problem by hand-editing the generated Makefile to include the QtSql include directory.. but then hit a bunch of other compile errors, that may also be Qt Version related:

common/languageoptions.cpp:16: error: ‘class QSettings’ has no member named ‘readEntry’
      common/languageoptions.cpp: In member function ‘void LanguageOptions::addLanguage(QString, QString)’:
      common/languageoptions.cpp:32: error: aggregate ‘QStringList content’ has incomplete type and cannot be defined
      common/languageoptions.cpp: In member function ‘void LanguageOptions::addTranslation(QString, QString)’:
      common/languageoptions.cpp:40: error: no match for ‘operator<<’ in ‘((LanguageOptions*)this)->LanguageOptions::_languages. QMap<Key, T>::operator[] [with Key = QString, T = QStringList](((const QString&)((const QString*)(& languageID)))) << translationFile’
      common/languageoptions.cpp: In member function ‘void LanguageOptions::select(QString)’:
      common/languageoptions.cpp:49: error: no matching function for call to ‘QSettings::setPath(const char [12], const char [8], QSettings::Scope)’
      /usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.3.3/include/QtCore/qsettings.h:167: note: candidates are: static void QSettings::setPath(QSettings::Format, QSettings::Scope, const QString&)
      common/languageoptions.cpp:50: error: ‘class QSettings’ has no member named ‘writeEntry’
      common/languageoptions.cpp: In member function ‘void LanguageOptions::installLanguage(QString)’:
      common/languageoptions.cpp:55: error: variable ‘QStringList content’ has initializer but incomplete type

blah blah blah... until finally:

/usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.3.3/include/QtCore/qmap.h:694: error: ‘struct QMap<QString, QStringList>::Node’ has no member named ‘value’
      make: *** [languageoptions.o] Error 1

help. ;-)

-steve

• Gil

Gil - 2008-01-14

steve,

We've been building OpenRPT with Qt 4.3.2 but I don't think it's Qt 4.3.3 that's causing your build errors.

The errors you see are probably caused by your Qt installation not having full Qt3 backwards-compatibility code. If you're using Qt that you built from sources, try reconfiguring with the -qt3support option and reinstalling.

If you are using a binary distribution, try to find one with Qt3 support built in, although this /might/ not work. We've heard of problems with some binary distributions where the Qt3 support is incomplete. The safest way to build OpenRPT is currently to build Qt yourself.

Gil

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks