SourceForge has been redesigned. Learn more.
Close

zfs-storage & OpenQRM cluster

Help
zenny
2013-03-06
2013-04-26
  • zenny

zenny - 2013-03-06

Hi Matt:

1. There is no metion of zfs-storage with iscsi deployment in the Admin Guide for OpenQRM 5. What I can guess is one need to enable a few plugin similar to LVM storage with nfs-storage plugin, but nfs fares very badly in the VMs, how can one use iscsi in an ideal way in OpenQRM 5?

2. I could not figure out documentation on failover or loadbalancing between two OpenQRM 5 servers? Pointers shall be appreciated.

Thanks and have a nice day!

• Matt

Matt - 2013-03-07

Hi,

1. use kvm-storage with kvm-lvm-deployment -> the actual physical device for the volume group you can e.g. import via iscsi e.g. from a zfs storage.

2. basically for openQRM HA between 2 openQRM server you need :

- 1 cluster ip -> this should be the ip openQRM is installed with
    - share /usr/share/openqrm between both nodes (nfs, clusterfs, etc.)

please check http://zeldor.biz/2010/12/activepassive-cluster-with-pacemaker-corosync/ Many thanks and have a great day,

many thanks and have a nice day,

Matt Rechenburg
    Project Manager openQRM

• zenny

zenny - 2013-03-12

@Matt:

Thanks for the pretty useful information you supplied. You are always so helpful :D

1. About No. 1 above, zfs = FS+LVM+RAID so what I could not follow what is the purpose of having two LVM instances? What I meant is LVM is handled by ZFS, and what is the purpose of KVM-LVM in OpenQRM?

2. For the second link, thanks again.

• Matt

Matt - 2013-04-26

about 1:
    The purpose is to allow cloning/snapshoting also on the KVM-storage hosts.
    If you would like to avoid a second logical volume layer additional to zfs on your backend go with exporting the zfs via nfs, export the zfs-nfs export on your hosts and go with kvm-storage blockfile deployment.

hope it helps

many thanks and have a nice day,

Matt Rechenburg
    Project Manager openQRM