OpenQRM on CentOS running CentOS VMs

2011-05-12
2013-04-13
  • Jonathan Higson

Jonathan Higson - 2011-05-12

Hi,

I need to run CentOS VMs on an OpenQRM cloud, installed on CentOS. However, I get the software installed and then become lost with the interface and various prerequisites to starting the VM. I have read the Windows virtual machines on CentOS doc and the Ubuntu Lucid doc but I haven't been able to combine the two and create working step-by-step process for CentOS on CentOS. Has anyone done this? Could anyone give me clear instructions or point me to a source where what I am trying to do has been done? So far I get as far as actually starting the VM after creating a kernel offering and storage etc. then the virtual machine won't start!

Thank you.

Jonathan.

• Matt

Matt - 2011-05-12

Hi Jonathan,

yes, there are many people running openQRM on CentOS.
    What exactly is your problem ?
    Which virtualization/storage/deployment options you plan to use ?

many thanks and have a nice day,

Matt Rechenburg
    Project Manager openQRM

• Jonathan Higson

Jonathan Higson - 2011-05-12

Thanks for the reply. Maybe I was not clear enough, I need to run CentOS Virtual Machines on my OpenQRM cloud (which is already installed on CentOS) The installation was easy. But I cannot seem to start a CentOS VM after creating a kernel and all other required products. I want to use KVM for virtualisation and NFS storage for CentOS VMs. All advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Jonathan.

• Matt

Matt - 2011-06-02

Hi Jonathan,

So what exactly is the problem?

Many thanks and have a nice day,

Matt Rechenburg
    Project Manager openQRM

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks