Menu

Where can I find a Tutorial or a Users Manual

Help
2011-10-13
2013-05-15
  • Renato Roque

Renato Roque - 2011-10-13

Where can I find a Tutorial or a Users Manual for OpenProj?

Thanks

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2011-10-16

Here is a Manual. It is in Spanish.
    But dont find a good manual where resource asignations, prices, etc is explained.

www.fce.unal.edu.co/uifce/newuifce/conf/documentos/openproj.pdf

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2011-10-20

Try these youtube videos. I've just started watching, but they're really helpful for getting started.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_1yJuxvxf0

• iain meek

iain meek - 2011-12-07

English translation of the Spanish text

Consecutive: INF-INV-026-FI-2009 / I
    INF-FO-12 V 1.0
    This work is licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 Colombia, creativecommons. For a copy of this license, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.5/co/ or send a letter to creative commons, 171second street, suite 30 San Francisco, California 94105, USA OpenProj
    Authors: Jennifer LEMUS NAVAS LEONARDO JORGE MUNOZ Computing Unit Manager: Henry Martinez Sarmiento Research Tutor: Henry Martinez Sarmiento Coordinators: Juan Felipe Guevara Schneider Álvaro Rodríguez Reyes Web Services Coordinator: Miguel Ibañez and Communications Infrastructure Analyst: Alejandro Bolivar Analyst Information Systems: Obando Anacona Messiah COLOMBIA NATIONAL UNIVERSITY FACULTY OF ECONOMICS AND COMMUNICATIONS COMPUTER UNIT BOGOTA DC JUNE 2009
    INF-FO-12 V 1.0
    OpenProj MANUAL Computer Unit Manager: Henry Martinez Sarmiento Research Tutor: Henry Martinez Sarmiento Research Assistants: ALEJANDRO LEONARDO NIETO JORGE RAMOS LEONARDO LEMUS JEREZ Castiblanco ANGEL MORENO FERNANDO GUTIERREZ JOSE CARVAJAL ANGELA PATRICIA GOAT VEGA BENJAMIN MEJIA JUAN SEBASTIAN NEIZA SOSA EDUARDO CAMACHO JURLEY VENEGAS CINDY LORRAINE KATHERINE SANCHEZ GOMEZ ALONSO PABON DAVID SANCHEZ CAMILO ZAMBRANO PICO LUIS SILVA ALEJANDRO ROJAS DIANA MARCELA ALFONSO LUIS FERNANDO MUÑOZ TELLEZ ELIAN MONICA GUERRA RUBIO IVAN DARIO PLACES MOGOLLON BARRETO CARDENAS BERNAL IVONNE MYRIAM ALEXANDRA JASMIN PAVA WAR NUBIA CARVAJAL ALEJANDRA SEGURA SNEAKS TENJICA NURY QUEEN JENNIFER BIBIAN Lisel BEJARANO RODRIGO GUERRERO Jersson CARDENAS NOVA ANGEL RODRIGUEZ ACOSTA SERGIO TATIANA JISSETH FERNANDO RINCON GARZON EDISSON BELTRAN JOHN SERNA JORGE ZARETH Manzone GARNICA NIETO ALBERTO RAMOS ALEJANDRO TORRES ALEJANDRO VALLEJO NIETO JORGE RAMOS LEONARDO LEMUS Castiblanco
    This work is the result of the efforts of all equipment belonging to the Information Technology Unit. Reproduction of all or part of this document, any photomechanical method and / or electronic, without prior authorization from the National University of Colombia. COLOMBIA NATIONAL UNIVERSITY FACULTY OF ECONOMICS AND COMMUNICATIONS COMPUTER UNIT BOGOTA DC
    JUNE 2009
    INF-FO-12 V 1.0
    TABLE OF CONTENTS
    TABLE OF CONTENTS 3
    1. PRESENTATION OF THE MANUAL ……………………………………….. ……………………………………….. 5
    2. PROGRAM INSTALLATION ……………………………………….. …………………………………….. 5
    2.1. HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE REQUIREMENTS ……………………………………… …….. 5
    2.2. SOFTWARE INSTALLATION ……………………………………….. …………………………………… 6
    2.3. ACCESS PROGRAM ……………………………………….. ………………………………………….. . 10
    3. INITIAL SCREEN 12
    3.1. 12
    4. Project Creation ……………………………………….. ………………………………………….. .. 17
    4.1. CREATING A FILE 17
    4.2. DEFINING THE PROJECT SCHEDULE ……………………………………… ……………… 23
    4.2.1. Modifying a work schedule ………………………………………. ……………………………….. 24
    4.2.2. Allocation of working hours to schedule …………………………………….. ………………. 27
    4.2.3. Create a new calendar ………………………………………. ………………………………………. 28
    4.3. CREATING JOBS 30
    4.3.1. Creating tasks from the Gantt view ……………………………………. …………………….. 30
    4.3.2. Duration of the tasks ………………………………………. ………………………………………….. …. 31
    4.3.3. Creating tasks from the Task Usage view …………………………………… …………….. 33
    4.3.4. Summary tasks and subtasks ………………………………………. ………………………………….. 34
    INF-FO-12 V 1.0
    4.3.5. Links between tasks 35
    4.4. RESOURCES 38
    4.4.1. Resource Allocation ……………………………………….. ………………………………………….. . 38
    4.5. VIEW 41
    4.6. PROJECT MONITORING AND BASE LINE ……………………………………. ……. 48
    4.7. REPORTS 51
    5. REFERENCES 55
    INF-FO-12 V 1.0
    1. INTRODUCTION TO THE MANUAL
    This manual is intended to show the main features of OpenProj, to be a support in the implementation of a project, in addition to serving as a basis for knowledge of OpenProj. Since OpenProj features are a bit lengthy, we present the general aspects for creating a project in this manual is expected to improve through user feedback. The images presented in this manual are taken from two projects, one of which is developed by the authors called "Creating a science club" (taken in its fundamentals from the Internet) and the other is a project of the IDU. 2. INSTALLATION OF THE PROGRAM
    2.1. HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE REQUIREMENTS
    OpenProj requires Java version 1.5 and above, although version 1.6 is preferred. We can see that we have in our PC version on the following page:
    http://www.java.com/en/download/help/testvm.xml If we do not have any version of can be purchased from:
    http://www.java.com/en/download/index.jsp If you have another operating system such as Mac version is already pre-installed java 1.5.
    INF-FO-12 V 1.0
    2.2. SOFTWARE INSTALLATION
    1) You must download the executable file OpenProj http://openproj.org/ page or http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=199315 in the latter are different versions for operating systems (Linux, Mac), double click on this:
    2) pop up a window which asks if you want to install OpenProj on our computer we click Next
    3) Once the new window emerged that challenges us where we want to locate the default folder we OpenProj offered by this.
    Click on NEXT
    INF-FO-12 V 1.0
    4) Now we are asked if you want to install click Next, if we make any changes click Back and if we're not sure you install the program click on Cancel, in this case we will click Install
    5) will get a window exposing the installation progress
    Folder offered
    Click INSTALLÑL
    INF-FO-12 V 1.0
    6) Finally, for the installation program asks if you want a shortcut on your desktop and if we read a file which contains a special holder which tells us which are the system requirements for the proper functioning of OpenProj, we click Finish.
    Click on FINISH
    INF-FO-12 V 1.0
    7) The window for the program requirements as mentioned above appears and says you need a PC for their operation on the desktop as a shortcut to access the program.
    8) This should install OpenProj that our computer does not contain all the programs required for the normal functioning windows may emerge as this tells us that there is a conflict
    INF-FO-12 V 1.0
    Where we said that lack the Java version and that we can get http://www.java.com
    2.3. ACCESS PROGRAM
    One way to access the system is
    1) There are three ways to open the program:
    a. Double-click the shortcut
    b. We can choose to enter  Start  All Programs  OpenProj OpenProj
    INF-FO-12 V 1.0
    c) finally we are able to access the program via the menu that is running the shortcut "Windows + R" and type OpenProj1.4.0
    After this you must open the application. If the application does not open, it's probably because you do not have direct access to the hard disk. For this you must copy the shortcut OpenProj WINDOWS folder on your hard disk with the name OPENPROJ1.4.0. In this way and you can run the application without problems.
    INF-FO-12 V 1.0
    3. INITIAL SCREEN
    3.1. ICONS
    ICON
    SHORTCUT
    FUNCTION
    Ctrl + N
    New Project: When you click generates a new work plan.
    Title Bar
    Menu Bar
    Toolbar
    Gantt Chart
    Gantt Chart
    OpenProj Views
    OpenProj Views
    Timescale
    INF-FO-12 V 1.0
    Ctrl + O
    Open …: Clicking creates a new window to display a ready-made project
    Ctrl + S
    Save: At the end store the changes
    Ctrl + P
    Print …: Responsible for realizing the work.
    Print preview: Illustrates the work done by simulating a leaf on the screen.
    Ctrl + X
    Cut: Allows you to store information and transfer it to another location
    Ctrl + C
    Copy: Lets move the information to a new location without relocating from their original
    Ctrl + V
    Paste: Place in a new location information stored with the cutting tool
    Ctrl + F
    Find: Find a word within the project.
    Ctrl + Z
    Undo: Goes back one step being the last action performed in the original situation
    Ctrl + Y
    Redo: After use the Undo tool and be
    INF-FO-12 V 1.0
    located in the original situation we can restore the undo
    Keeping pressed ALT + E + L
    Link: Links or group a series of tasks
    Keeping pressed ALT + E + N
    No Link: Decouple or dissociates a task force
    Keeping pressed ALT + P + I
    Task Details: Clicking the data tells us more relevant to the task or resource as are predecessors, Advances, Notes and other
    Keeping pressed ALT + P + N
    Notes: Emerge the task information window in the Notes tab, applies to remember any eventuality.
    ALT + F10
    Resource Allocation: Determine the different ingredients that have the project.
    Keeping pressed ALT + T + H
    Work schedule change: Altering the duration of a task
    Keeping pressed ALT + V + I
    Approach: Depending on the diagram in which we find we can increase the Zoom
    INF-FO-12 V 1.0
    screen
    Keeping pressed ALT + V + O
    Withdrawal: Depending on the diagram in which we find we can reduce the screen Zoom
    Shift work:
    Without Bleeding: Removes the relevance of a project-level task
    Sangria: by selecting this option predecessor task automatically becomes a most important task at the project level.
    Keeping pressed ALT + V + G
    Gantt Chart: Displays the activity, resource and activity duration in the project.
    Keeping pressed ALT + V + E
    Network Diagram (PERT) shows the dependencies between tasks, using an activity diagram.
    Keeping pressed ALT + V + R
    Resources: Displays a spreadsheet which tells us what resources are available for the project
    INF-FO-12 V 1.0
    Keeping pressed ALT + V + W
    WBS: It provides a chart with the hierarchy of tasks
    Keeping pressed ALT + V + B
    RBS (Resource Breakdown Structure): Lists the resources in a hierarchical tree
    Reports: Allows you to view project data compiled suitable for printing
    Use Task Detail: Displays information on allocations for each task.
    Use of Resources: Resource Details use models, displays information about their tasks.
    Keeping pressed ALT + V + H
    Histogram chart provides information about resource allocation
    Keeping pressed ALT + V + C
    Graphics: handling and has a very similar function to the histogram
    Use Tasks: Displays information on allocations for each task.
    Use of Resources: Resource Details use models, displays information
    INF-FO-12 V 1.0
    about their tasks.
    4. BUILDING PROJECT
    The first thing to be done to create a project is the creation of a file, which is explained below.
    4.1. Create a file in the popup window click on the Create Project
    In the dialog box that appears at the center of the screen should fill Name Project Manager, Start Date, and optional notes.
    INF-FO-12 V 1.0
    The project can be advanced Planning as the case may be, the difference is that the box transmits the Start Date or Date Term.
    Once stored this information: Click Project-Project Information
    INF-FO-12 V 1.0
    In the dialog box shown previously stored information plus other options stored in three tabs
    o In the first tab General find information such as:
    Priority   The default is the number 500, but you can choose a number from 0 to 1000 that represents the project's relevance to others.
    Project Type   There are 8 different types of projects (depending on the case we are referring to choose the most appropriate) Professional Services Product Development Event Marketing Campaign Campaign Planned Sales IT Support Others
    Project Information
    INF-FO-12 V 1.0
      Represents net present value cash flow of the project brought to present value
     Incorporates Risk  through a positive or negative number the danger of the project (can not store characters as letters or percentages)
      This tab is currently optional in which we can store a data and time to observe the status of the project to state the date
      Date Status data is stored by the effective progress of the project
     Define  Base Calendar work days and break the respective project that you can choose from: Standard 24 hour night shift
    Project Status   Define the situation in which the project is located which can be Active Pending Approval Planning Completed Cancelled En-expected
      Type of expenditure such as expenditure category between: Capitalize cost of some expenditure
    INF-FO-12 V 1.0
    Direct Indirect
    Group and Division   They refer to a part of the organization (eg business groups, Food Division) which is carrying out the project
    Profit   It is among the range of 0 to 10 and represents the value of the project
    In the Statistics tab find information such as Date, Date attempts to finish, duration, current duration, remaining duration, Work, Hobbies, Work remaining, Cost, Current Cost, Cost remaining in essence these four items reflected only the beginning as today and what it takes to complete the project.
    INF-FO-12 V 1.0
    Finally we have the Notes tab which holds the data you want
    INF-FO-12 V 1.0
    4.2. DEFINING THE PROJECT SCHEDULE
    OpenProj by default contains three calendars Bases are templates that can be modified to the needs of the project. Standard: This schedule includes weekdays from Monday to Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, with lunch coming perceived 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 PM. 24 Hours: As the name indicates this schedule works 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Night shift: This is a shift that is Monday to Saturday starting from 11 pm until 3:00 am a break of one hour to begin again at 4:00 am and ending finally at 8:00 AM.
    To change or set a work schedule should be: click on the Tools menu, Options: Change working hours.
    INF-FO-12 V 1.0
    The following window:
    4.2.1. Modifying a work schedule
    To modify a work schedule based on one of the 3 predetermined schedules should follow the following steps: On the Tools menu, click on Change Working Time
    Then the following window in which you must make the necessary changes to adapt the schedule to the needs of
    Calendar type
    Timezone
    Calendar
    Placed on current date
    Advance dates
    Date back
    INF-FO-12 V 1.0
    project:
    To activate the options: Use default, no time to work, or no definite time must be selected in the calendar one day or date and immediately activate those options. For example, if the project requires work every day, except Sundays and the basis is the standard calendar, you must select every Sunday and activate the option no time to work, this calendar also has by default on Saturdays and non-work periods, so that must be enabled on Saturdays as a workday. To define a working day, in this case should be selected on Saturday column Saturdays in a month, and activate the option No definite time.
    INF-FO-12 V 1.0
    For that matter, this calendar brings and Sundays defined as nonworking (shaded). If you take based on the schedule of 24 hours, disable Sunday as business days, selecting the column Sunday, and there is the option of working time:
    Saturday column
    No definite time
    INF-FO-12 V 1.0
    As you can see, selecting this option are shaded on Sundays which indicates that they are not working days. In general, any modification of any default calendar, it is important to take into account periods and unearned project, as this allows you to define the options that are required.
    4.2.2. Allocation of working hours to calendar
    To schedule the working hours of a project, it is necessary to note that each of the predetermined schedules, and have a default job slot which is defined as: 8:00-12:00 and 13:00-17 : 00 for 3 types of calendars. You can see the day in the zone.
    No time to work
    Sunday Column
    INF-FO-12 V 1.0
    To change the working hours, you select the days you want to change, and in the time zone, write the time interval you want.
    4.2.3. Create a new calendar
    To create a new schedule can be taken as a basis of predetermined schedules, so one can make a copy of one of these, tailored to the needs of the project, or you can create a calendar with no basis in any given directly where necessary adjustments are made for the project. The steps for creating a new calendar are: Located in the window of time change of work, you must click on the option again:
    Timezone
    INF-FO-12 V 1.0
    From there emerges a new window called calendar basis, where you must indicate whether you create a new base calendar, or a copy of an existing calendar. By selecting the desired option, you must make adaptations respective project as mentioned above, such as scheduling, non-working days, Sundays, holidays, among others.
    New Option
    INF-FO-12 V 1.0
    4.3. CREATING JOBS
    To perform the task creation process, it is important to note that this can be done from the Gantt view (which appears at startup by default), or from the task view. Initially it was done from the Gantt view.
    4.3.1. Creating tasks from the Gantt view
    In the Gantt view there are 2 parts which are the Gantt chart is where you enter data (left side) and the Gantt chart, which is where the graph of tasks with their time and relationships (right side) . In the Gantt chart, a series of fields in which you must enter information about the tasks. The first field is the name, which must be written the name of the tasks (taken as an example the creation of a science club) as follows:
    Gantt Chart
    Gantt Chart
    Name of the tasks
    INF-FO-12 V 1.0
    4.3.2. Duration of the tasks
    The second field can be seen in the Gantt chart is the duration in which you must specify the time you will have each of the tasks. The duration of a task in OpenProj can be given in hours or days. On the other hand, it is important to note that if a task is required to be done during non-work continuous, write ed. To assign the duration of each task should take into account a number of conventions of each of the days mentioned above, which are:
    CONVENTION
    DURATION
    H
    Hours
    D
    Days
    Ed
    Day after
    To enter the duration of the tasks, you must type in the Duration field, compared to each task, the number indicating the temporary measure, the convention necessary. For example, if a task is 3 months duration, write 60d. Or if a task is longer than 1 business day continuously, write 1ed.
    INF-FO-12 V 1.0
    If a task is required to have continuous duration in nonworking, add ed to the duration. You can see that as they are introduced duration times of each of the tasks on the right side in the Gantt chart bars are modified according to the duration of the task. Based on the durations established OpenProj start dates calculated by reference to the project start date and end dates based on the duration established for each task. In this sense, it is important to note that there are critical tasks and non-critical tasks, which must be handled according to the project.
    A critical task is one that by varying the length affects the entire project duration. These tasks can be defined by any particular convention, so that in the Gantt chart
    Task duration field
    INF-FO-12 V 1.0
    This task appears differently, it may be a different color bar. A non-critical task is one that to some extent its duration may vary without change the date of determination of the project.
    4.3.3. Creating tasks from the Task Usage view
    To access the Task Usage view there are two forms. The first is from the View menu select the option to use task detail. Where the following window:
    The other way to access the detail view using tasks, clicking the icon used tasks:
    Located in this view, we proceed to enter the names of the tasks in the field name, followed by its duration in the field work, and the following fields appear automatically for the input data:
    Field name
    INF-FO-12 V 1.0
    4.3.4. Summary tasks and subtasks
    In a project can assign different levels of disaggregation for each of the tasks, ie a task can contain other tasks, and some are subordinate to other, so that the execution of a task depends on the subtasks that has associated. A summary task is composed of subtasks. This includes the duration, cost and other information of the tasks subordinates. These tasks can represent the different phases of a project and to establish them as such, are in bold, and the bars in the Gantt chart are different than those of a subordinate task. It is important to note that the establishment of these summary tasks, create an outline of a project, ie, to determine in advance stages, with the tasks associated with each, and joined the project, so that the task is summarized at the beginning, and subtasks are located underneath.
    INF-FO-12 V 1.0
    To set the summary and subordinate tasks, you must select the summary task with their subordinates, right click and choose indenting.
    Another way to set the subordination of the tasks is to select the summary task with subtasks, and clicking on the icon called bleeding:
    4.3.5. Links between tasks
    The links between tasks indicate how they are related, ie defines the tasks that must happen to others or precede them. Thus, there are some conventions for establishing linkages of tasks which must be written in the field of numbers preceded predecessors of the task before them.
    INF-FO-12 V 1.0
    End at the beginning
    FC
    This link is created when you need to complete a task to start another.
    Start to Finish
    CF
    It is created when a task needs to start when another ends.
    Start to Start
    CC
    Created when two tasks need to commence simultaneously.
    End End
    FF
    Is created when it needs to complete two tasks simultaneously.
    The steps to establish the links are: Predecessors field, type the number that precedes the task followed by the previously mentioned convention as applicable:
    INF-FO-12 V 1.0
    In doing so, we see how the Gantt chart takes new form
    INF-FO-12 V 1.0
    4.4. RESOURCES
    4.4.1. Resource Allocation
    To assign the different resources of a project, you first need to create them is made as follows: click on the resource usage view:
    The resource usage view is used to make the income of each of the resources with their respective characteristics:
    To create resources by typing the name of the resource in the Name field and the field work, writing the duration of the work assigned to that resource.
    INF-FO-12 V 1.0
    To determine the costs are predetermined costs 5 tables, A, B, C, D and E which should be selected according to a cost determined according to the resource and project needs. The default is to leave the A. To create cost tables should also double-click the Cost Factors Table field, and emerge the next window, where the amendments thereto must be for general information resource, cost, availability, tasks and notes .
    INF-FO-12 V 1.0
    For the allocation of resources to each task should be: Located in the Gantt Chart view in the Resource Name field, write the name of the respective resource. If more than one resource, the names should be separated by commas.
    We can see how the new Gantt chart has been modified, so that resources can be observed on the bars:
    Resource name field
    Name of resources
    INF-FO-12 V 1.0
    4.5. VIEW
    OpenProj handles a series of views that let you create windows with a combination of various fields according to the needs of the project. Views allow data entry and display greater detail of the information contained in the project. OpenProj has the following views: Gantt Chart
    A Gantt chart is a worksheet that contains a hierarchy in the left listing the tasks, and a time-scale diagram on the right. Allows you to view tasks, both in your project, its structure and order in time. This view is activated by clicking on the icon Gantt:
    INF-FO-12 V 1.0
    Or view via the menu: Gantt.
    Network Diagram view
    Also called PERT diagram shows the dependencies between tasks using a graph of nodes activities to show the project network. This view is activated by clicking on the Network icon, or from the View menu: Red
    RED icon
    INF-FO-12 V 1.0
    Vista Resources
    Displays a table that contains the resources used for the project. Unlike MS Project, OpenProj has an additional field is the Email Address, which is important as it can gain control and information to the responsibility of each resource with respect to compliance the tasks. Fields are on this list are: ID Name resource RBS: job title or rank of the resource type Material Work or e-mail address starting material Label Group: Can be used for groups (in the upper left corner panel) Max Units. Standard rate.
    INF-FO-12 V 1.0
    Calendar overtime base rate
    This view is activated by clicking on the icon resource use, or the view menu: Detail use of resources.
    View WBS
    Displays a hierarchy of project tasks. This hierarchy is related to that seen in the Gantt chart. This view is activated by clicking on the icon WBS, or the view menu: WBS.
    INF-FO-12 V 1.0
    View RBS
    The graph shows RBS resources in a hierarchical tree that corresponds to the structure defined in the Resource Sheet. If you do not have many resources, you may not bother making a hierarchy, in which case this option is of little interest. Otherwise, many want to organize their resources by geographic hierarchies, organizational, or ability. An important feature of this option is the sum of groups of parameters Cost and Budget. Its calculation is automatic: these values can not be edited. This view is activated by clicking on the icon RBS, or menu view: RBS.
    INF-FO-12 V 1.0
    Task Usage View
    The task usage view is similar to Detail Use of Force, except that synchronizes its content with what you are looking at the top of the screen.
    INF-FO-12 V 1.0
    Resource Usage view
    The Resource Usage view is equal to the Resource Usage Detail, with the difference that the contents are in sync with what you are looking at the top of the program. To access this view you must click on the View menu: Resources:
    INF-FO-12 V 1.0
    4.6. PROJECT MONITORING AND BASELINE
    The baseline refers to the baseline which is part and then make up. It reflects what the designer of the project estimate, and its primary objective is to make a further contrast of planning regarding the implementation in a given time. The baseline is the project an image stored on a specific initial time, through which it was possible to compare what is happening with the project compared to what you had in that picture (Baseline). To create a baseline, follow these steps: Click on the Tools menu, Search, Save Baseline.
    INF-FO-12 V 1.0
    There appears the following window where you must save the baseline and indicate whether it is for the entire project, or to a selected task, and click on OK.
    After creating the baseline as a comparison, you can analyze the monitoring of the project, which is given by the planning and actual implementation of the project. For this you must: click on the Tools menu, follow-up, where are the options to update project, save lineabase lineabase clean.
    When you start up the project should start by updating the mismoActualizar project:
    INF-FO-12 V 1.0
    Updating the project "finished work" is being cut-off date at which it is assumed that all tasks must have been completed, as follows:
    The update allows recording percent complete the project or tasks previously selected with the percentage of completion of tasks or the project, regarding a proposed date. The option set it to 0% or 100% complete only those percentages will be assigned according to the completion of the task. If a task has finished in completely, you give 100%, otherwise assigned 0%.
    INF-FO-12 V 1.0
    4.7. REPORTS
    Reports in OpenProj is not unlike many MS Project, but their content is similar to some reports of MS Project. To view reports in OpenProj, you should go to view reports or reports or icon:
    There generate reports for printing or viewing. There are 4 preset shapes for generating reports: Details of the project or Project Detail: In this report are the details of the project and the most relevant information from it. It is useful for senior managers for its concise presentation of general information about the project.
    INF-FO-12 V 1.0
    Information resources - Resource information: This report serves to observe the details of the resources used in the project.
    INF-FO-12 V 1.0
    Information tasks - Task information: This report serves to see the allocation of tasks, and resources for each of these tasks that are part of the project.
    Who does what - Who Does what:
    This report can display the responsibility of each resource with respect to compliance with the tasks.
    INF-FO-12 V 1.0
    These reports have an additional function, and allow us to identify additional information (in the definition of "Columns"), and organize information by filtering, sorting or group with the dropdown menus at the top left of the toolbar the program. Drop-down menus are:
    INF-FO-12 V 1.0
    5. REFERENCES
    MS Project Manual e-magister.com
    OpenProj Online Help
    www.Serena.com
    www.openproj.org
    IDU Project
    Project "Creating a science club"

New! Click the words above to view alternate translations. Dismiss
    Google Translate for Business:Translator ToolkitWebsite TranslatorGlobal Market Finder
    Turn off instant translation
    About Google TranslateMo

info about changing date format
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/openproj/forums/forum/708856/topic/1830061/index/page/1

E-Term OpenProj Tutorial (Part I)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_1yJuxvxf0

• PH001

PH001 - 2012-05-01

Hi all, there is now a 44 page .pdf user guide written in English available for instant download. Check out:

http://www.openprojuserguide.com