I changed the project calendar by changing the field, Base Calendar, on Project->Project Information.
After changing the Calendar, I reviewed the task Start and Finish times. I thought they would change to reflect the change in the Calendar, but they did not. The previous Calendar had week days ending at 9 pm. And in the Gantt chart/spreadsheet, some of the project tasks' Finish Times were 8 and 9 pm. The Standard Calendar has days ending at 5 pm. Even after I changed to the Standard Calendar, there were tasks with times in the 8 and 9 pm time frame. Shouldn't all task times have changed to reflect the Standard Calendar work times?
I noticed there was a Base Calendar field in the Resources. I changed the Calendar there, but the results were the same.
I deleted and re-added the task. Same results.
How can the task Finish Time be 8 pm if the Standard Calendar has an Ending Time of 5 pm? How do I get the Project to use the Standard Calendar?
This is a simple test project with 1 resource, 1 parent task, and 4 tasks all linked. Type is fixed Units.
The task also has a calendar, try changing that.
I have the same problem.
Is there a bug with calendar timing ??
Anyone know ??
Hi I have the same issue; I have multiiple teams that work 10 fopur standard days, but the present calander day is set to 0800 to 1700: If I change the default working day to 10 hours and allocate 2 tasks per day with a value of 5 hours per task, the hours worked are pusehed into the next day: I have also changed all vuisible fields from default but no difference.
Sorry I did not help you but thought it may settle you to know that you are not alone with regard to this.
sorry for my English. I have the same problem.
I've also noticed that I can't create a new calendar; better, I can create but Openproj doesn't save it. I would like to apply diferent calendar for several tasks in a project, but I think it is not possible.
I know I'm not helping you, I only wanted to notice you that the "calendar problems" are recurrent in Openproj.
I am not sure I understood your problem correctly… Maybe the total hours are fixed and cannot be changed. You could alternatively allocate more resources. I am not sure how it will look!
Another tip: You can right click and say insert column and choose the column 'Work', there you can also control the hours.
Dont know how much it helps you guys!
Double click on each added task, go to advanced, check the "Ignore resource calendar", as your canledar and the resource's calendar are in conflict.
You are good to go :-)
all what you have to do is to check the "Ignore resource time" box, as your calendar and the resource's are conflicting.
I worked with me :-)
Log in to post a comment.