Project 2010

Help
Rod Little
2010-07-19
2013-05-15
  • Rod Little

Rod Little - 2010-07-19

I am having problems opening Project 2010 files in open project.  IT will not open an XML, MMP or even a file saved to the 2003 format from 2010.  Does anyone know if open project will support opening project 2010 files.

• Greg Harder

Greg Harder - 2010-07-20

Unfortunately, Project 2010 will not be supported until the next release of OpenProj due out later this year as we need to update the third party control libraries we use for working with MS Project files.

• Anonymous - 2011-01-05

Are we getting close to the next release that is compatible with MS  Project 2010

• Jean-Marc Desperrier

I still have to be convinced there's any active developement on OpenProj, sourceforge cvs history shows the dev activity in the project quite brutally stopped in september 2009 (and you never released a version after the 2008-10-02 one)

• - 2011-08-05

I'm not sure of the exact process but I was able to go from 2010 .mpp to 2000 .mpp to .xml (All in MS Project 2010 Trial), then inported the .xml successfully into OpenProj.

My needs for a project scheduling tool are relatively simple (compared to the capabilities of OpenProj) and I have found better luck with Gantt Project (http://www.ganttproject.biz/). While it's also not perfect, I am able to sorta print everything on one page, and it doesn't display the time for the begin/end dates.

• Tahoeob

Tahoeob - 2012-08-29

Yeah,  the first major update to OpenProj since we got acquired by Serena is coming out tomorrow.  ProjectLibre was a major rewrite and includes compatibility with MIcrosoft Project 2010, bug fixes, printing of reports, a ribbon UI and more.  You can download ProjectLibre also on Sourceforge. We also launched a community site at http://www.projectlibre.org   There are images and other information on the community site.  It would be good to get your feedback on ProjectLibre

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks