Post silent-install removal of registration dialog. (PC)

Help
keithjones
2013-07-23
2013-07-30
  • keithjones

keithjones - 2013-07-23

Hi,

I appreciate that this question might have been asked but I did do a few obvious searches and I couldn't see anything.

I've been asked to install OpenProj on student pool room computers as a viable alternative to mainstream products. It's definately very easy to install the MSI silently but I can't find any registry keys or INI file settings to turn off the first-run registration dialog. As our students all have limited user access to machines and no roaming profile support is supplied centrally, it's not going to a glossy example of how cool OpenSource projects can be if they have to fill in a registration screen time and time again.

Is there a tweak i can apply post install to eliminate that dialog?

I also noticed the occaisional advert dialog (which is completely understandable to help finance the project) but ideally I'd like to suppress those too. I appreciate it might be a big ask but is it possible to suppress those too?

Keith

Last edit: keithjones 2013-07-23
  • keithjones

keithjones - 2013-07-29

...oooh... tumbleweed drifting across my screen.. wind whistling in the background. I guess this community isn't quite as active as I hoped for :-}

Never mind eh? Time to spend a few hours looking at the source code I guess...

Keith

• Tahoeob

Tahoeob - 2013-07-29

ProjectLibre is the successor to OpenProj. Serena Software has a note on their site recommending you download ProjectLibre instead..... OpenProj has not been updated in many years and unfortunately corupts some project files.... your students will not be happy :-) It is fixed in ProjectLibre.

• keithjones

keithjones - 2013-07-29

Hi Tahoeob,

Thanks for that! I really appreciate the response. It probably explains the desert-like response here :-) I guess I'd better research a bit deeper next time! Thank you! Is that advertised anywhere here? If not, you're patience might be stretched by duffers like me not knowing where to go next :-)

Thnaks for that, next stop OpenLibre! Woo hoo!

Keith

• keithjones

keithjones - 2013-07-30

Doh,

I meant ProjectLibre honest!

Keith

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks