Menu

Other users cannot open my files

Help
2012-03-15
2013-05-15
  • Kathleen Morse

Kathleen Morse - 2012-03-15

Why can't other users of OpenProject open the files I create? 

• ketch5

ketch5 - 2012-03-27

Same issue here. Other users cannot open .pod file, yet no error or warning, just nothing loads.

• Leo

Leo - 2012-03-29

I have the same problem.  Did you find a way to fix it?  I have fully reloaded V1.4 of Open Proj and still cannot open files from my coworker…

• Juergen Bruns

Juergen Bruns - 2012-03-31

If you are using the latest Java update 7.0.30 this may cause the problem. The new Java registers as Oracle and triggers this problem.
    Delete Java 7 and install Java 6. That should solve the problem.

• marek.

marek. - 2012-07-19

Having Java 6 installed, modify the OpenProj1.4.0.ini file:

Maximum Version=1.6
    JVM Type=favor_client
    Minimum Version=1.5

Using Java 6 solved my problem and opened the .pod file

• Seyed Mohammad Naghavi

and what if I can't switch back to Java 6 for the sake that I use other apps which are demanding Java 7??

• marek.

marek. - 2012-08-27

@mohamnag : You can have 2 (or more) JREs installed - for each application You run You can then define which JRE to use.

• Tahoeob

Tahoeob - 2012-08-27

We are releasing ProjectLibre this week and will have a fix to the incompatibility issues.  It will also be a Sourceforge project https://sourceforge.net/projects/projectlibre/   

• Tahoeob

Tahoeob - 2012-08-29

Yeah,  the first major update to OpenProj since we got acquired by Serena is coming out tomorrow.  ProjectLibre was a major rewrite and includes compatibility with MIcrosoft Project 2010, bug fixes, printing of reports, a ribbon UI and more.  You can download ProjectLibre also on Sourceforge. We also launched a community site at http://www.projectlibre.org   There are images and other information on the community site.  It would be good to get your feedback on ProjectLibre

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2012-11-06

Same problem, with Windows 7 + Java 7, after creating and closing a file can't not open it.

Solution: Remove OpenProj and Install the new ProjectLibre.

• alan

alan - 2016-08-05
    Post awaiting moderation.