Problem with .mpp file import: URGENT HELP!

Help
vallabh CS
2008-07-18
2013-05-15
  • vallabh CS

    vallabh CS - 2008-07-18

    Hi,

    When I imported .MPP files into OpenProj, the datelines had completely got shifted.Though I had set the calendar to the same as in MS Proj., even the number of days calculated for individual tasks is incorrect. For example, a project that starts on 25/06/08 and ends on 22/01/2009, when imported to OpenProj, has the end date changed to 18/05/2009. This throws the entire schedule out of gear

    These were projects sent to us by project consultants.I also tried converting the files into MS Proj 2003 and XML formats, still the imported file in OpenProj was in error. However, I made a new project in MS Proj 2007 and imported it - it came in well.

    Has anyone experienced a similar problem? what could be wrong?

    cheers
    -vallabh

     
    • Victor Miranda

      Victor Miranda - 2008-07-18

      I am not sure if the problem is the same, but OpenProj did not take into account the vacations of the team.
      In MS Proj., the dates are automatically shifted out.  It did not happen with OpenProj.

       
  • MLewis

    MLewis - 2010-06-04

    I just posted the same issue of the dates shifting and task completion percentages going from 100% to 60% in OpenProj.  When I set the calendar in OpenProj I marked all holidays so calendars were identical.  All resources have this same calendar (no vacations) and still everything (percentages & dates) shift.  

     
  • John Bond

    John Bond - 2011-03-10

    I'm seeing a similar problem with importing MS Project 2007 files.  The dates are way out of wack. I have a test case project with 3 tasks and they all start this week and end in one month.  When I open the files in openproj the starting date is aug. 1984. 

     
  • - 2011-08-05

    For anyone with the same issues:

    I had the same "1984" issue with MS Project 2007 .mpp files. OpenProj would not open 2000-2003 or 2010 .mpp's or .mpx versions  of the same file.

    My workaround was to export the project file using MS Project to .xml and then import that via OpenProj. Everythign was imported correctly (as far as I can tell).

     
  • Tahoeob

    Tahoeob - 2012-08-29

    Yeah,  the first major update to OpenProj since we got acquired by Serena is coming out tomorrow.  ProjectLibre was a major rewrite and includes compatibility with MIcrosoft Project 2010, bug fixes, printing of reports, a ribbon UI and more.  You can download ProjectLibre also on Sourceforge. We also launched a community site at http://www.projectlibre.org   There are images and other information on the community site.  It would be good to get your feedback on ProjectLibre

     

Log in to post a comment.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter:

JavaScript is required for this form.





No, thanks