New version called ProjectLibre coming out

Help
Tahoeob
2012-06-22
2013-05-15
  • Tahoeob

Tahoeob - 2012-06-22

I am the founder of OpenProj and have gotten involved again with Laurent Chrettienneau who was my co-founder.  We are putting the first update in over 4 years together!  We are excited with the progress.  We are fixing many bugs and will be adding printing.  That has been a major missing component for many years.  OpenProj itself has not been updated in a few years.  We are in discussions but at this point the new release will be called ProjectLibre.  There will be more news coming!

Marc

• Anonymous - 2012-07-09

Hi,

I'm really glad to hear this project is restarting up. I have been using for some time and almost perfect minus a few bugs and nice to have features. I see check ins for the fix to the Oracle Java problem. Is that something easily installed, it's a bit of a show stopper?

Thanks!

• Angel

Angel - 2012-07-21

Hi Marc,

This is a great notice for people like me, who love this app but miss some updates and bugfixes.
    Thank you very much for youor effort. I hope to see PorjectLibre in Ubuntu repositories in 2013!

Cheers

• Tahoeob

Tahoeob - 2012-07-23

We are very pleased to be updating and releasing as ProjectLibre.  We have  a passion for project management and offering an open source alternative to Microsoft Project :-)     Thank you for the nice replies….. 

• Tahoeob

Tahoeob - 2012-08-29

Yeah,  the first major update to OpenProj since we got acquired by Serena is coming out tomorrow.  ProjectLibre was a major rewrite and includes compatibility with MIcrosoft Project 2010, bug fixes, printing of reports, a ribbon UI and more.  You can download ProjectLibre also on Sourceforge. We also launched a community site at http://www.projectlibre.org   There are images and other information on the community site.  It would be good to get your feedback on ProjectLibre

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks