Menu

Unable to open MPP files

2011-03-15
2021-05-19
  • shabbaranks

shabbaranks - 2011-03-15

Have tried to open MS Project 2010 files and I get the error "failed to read file". The files opens fine within Project 2010 and I have converted the file to Project 2007 just incase that made a difference which it didnt. Does anyone have any ideas?

• Leila  Lavina

Leila Lavina - 2011-03-21

I have the same problem. Is there anyone who can help on this?

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2011-07-23

I am experiencing the same problem. Does it really support this function??????

• elektronen

elektronen - 2011-09-21

In my experimentation with OpenProj 1.4, it appears to only support the XML-based files generated by MS Project, .mpx

We have tried to implement OpenProj as an alternative to MS Project for Mac users at my last two companies, and this file format issue has been the deal-breaker. Though .mpp is listed as an option, I know it doesn't work with .mpp generated by MS Project 2010.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2011-09-28

Have the same problem. the 2010 mpp opens fine in some trial versions of MS Project viewers.
    I had high hopes for openproj but this is a deal breaker.

• Tahoeob

Tahoeob - 2012-08-29

Yeah,  the first major update to OpenProj since we got acquired by Serena is coming out tomorrow.  ProjectLibre was a major rewrite and includes compatibility with MIcrosoft Project 2010, bug fixes, printing of reports, a ribbon UI and more.  You can download ProjectLibre also on Sourceforge. We also launched a community site at http://www.projectlibre.org   There are images and other information on the community site.  It would be good to get your feedback on ProjectLibre

• bella

bella - 2017-05-09

Clients can access almost all the tools offered by Microsoft Project. Gantt charts and Bert charts help with scheduling and comparing actual budgets and schedules with budgets and planned schedules. This helps managers better allocate future resources. The value analysis is also available for consumer use. Existing files can be easily imported from Microsoft Project to OpenBrog. This will save companies time and money by switching to a less expensive alternative. Microsoft 70-461 VCE

• gfdsf gfdsf

gfdsf gfdsf - 2021-05-19

Is your code for openerp export of challenge statistics someplace and opensource wherein i will get it becuase i'm interested to discover and maintain from what you unnoticed as you can see on this page. I'm wondering to integrate to gantter for very own use... Need to keep some time if viable...