multiple local devices and transfer rate

Help
Stan
2008-03-31
2013-05-01
  • Stan

Stan - 2008-03-31

Hi everyone,

I'm using bluecove to set up two OBEX Clients, each client connecting to its own (different) OBEX server using its own (different) bluetooth local device i.e. deviceID=0 and deviceID=1. Each OBEX server is running on a different remote device. I would expect both OBEX clients not to interact with each other as they are using its own bluetooth dongle, and are running on different java virtual machines.

However, when I run the test, they do interact because data transfer rate gets spoiled when running both clients going from 364262 bits/s in the single Thread test to 200972 bits/s in the two Threads test. I wouldn't expect it to be a bluecove issue because each OBEX Client is running on a different virtual machine and did not find any apparent native synchronization code.

Don't know if there is an issue regarding thread mutually exclusive regions in the library that may explain this. I understand bluecove links shared libraries from bluez and openobex.

Hope someone can hint me where to look,

Cheers,

• Stan

Stan - 2008-04-01

Sorry there was a bug in my code... now fix (Both clients were using the same local device to deliver the file).

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks