TcpOBEX ipv4 supported?

2007-10-19
2013-05-01
  • Sahaja Talla

Sahaja Talla - 2007-10-19

Hello Marcel and All,

I wrote a syncml obex client using tcpobex for transport; This client can communicate with a local obex server; As I could see both are using ipv6.  However it can't connect with the SCTS OBEX server on different machine which has windows and SCTS Server running; I suspect SCTS OBEX server is using ipv6.   I noticed that openobex(tcpobex) doesn't let you use IP version4, even though the documentation says otherwise; If you attempt to used ipv4, it resets all the parameter back to ipv6 in case of client; And in case of server it server registration fails when ipv4 is used.
    Is ipv4 really supported and tested?

Thank you,
    Sahaja Talla

• Sahaja Talla

Sahaja Talla - 2007-10-19

Sorry, I misstated a sentence, The following is what I meant:

I wrote a syncml obex client using tcpobex for transport; This client can communicate with a local obex server; As I could see both are using ipv6. However it can't connect with the SCTS OBEX server on different machine which has windows and SCTS Server running; I suspect SCTS OBEX server is using ipv4. And, I noticed that openobex(tcpobex) doesn't let you use IP version4, even though the documentation says otherwise; If you attempt to used ipv4, it resets all the parameter back to ipv6 in case of client; And in case of server, server registration fails when ipv4 is used.
      Is ipv4 really supported and tested in openobex(tcpobex)?

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks