Menu

Making Training Corpus for NameFind

ilophblue
2008-05-05
2013-04-16
  • ilophblue

ilophblue - 2008-05-05

I want to make a training corpus for NameFind. In one line must be only one tag <START> <END> to learn. example :
    I want to go to <START> New York <END>.

New York is place. I make my training corpus from article, so can i use this example :

Simon wants to go to <START> New York <END>.

Since there is a person "Simon" and place "New York" in one line, but I put one tag on place entity because I want to learn the New York place. Can i do that kind of example? Thank you...

Best regards,
    Dee

• Thomas Morton

Thomas Morton - 2008-05-06

Hi,
         One one line there is only examples of a specific type: person, location, etc.  If there are multiple people on a single line, that is fine.  So using your example you would use data like:

Simon wants to go to <START> New York <END> .

to train the location model, and data like:

<START> Simon <END> wants to go to New York .

to train the person model.

Hope this helps...Tom

• ilophblue

ilophblue - 2008-05-11

Another example :

1. Simon, Susan, and Susie want to go to New York.
      ---- Since they are different person, not a person with First-Middle-Last name, so I will have 3 line of training. Is it right?
      the training file is :
      <START> Simon <END>, Susan, and Susie want to go to New York.
      Simon, <START> Susan <END>, and Susie want to go to New York.
      Simon, Susan, and <START> Susie <END> want to go to New York.

2. I put all of my money in Hongkong Shanghai Bank Corporation (HSBC).
      ---- In order to train organization entity, which tag should I do ? (like training file1 or training file2)

training file 1 :
      line 1 : I put all of my money in <START> Hongkong Shanghai Bank Corporation (HSBC) <END>.

training file 2 :
      line 1 : I put all of my money in <START> Hongkong Shanghai Bank Corporation <END> (HSBC).
      line 2 : I put all of my money in Hongkong Shanghai Bank Corporation (<START> HSBC <END>).

Thank you and regards. Dee.

• Thomas Morton

Thomas Morton - 2008-05-12

Hi,
           I should be one line as they are all the same type; person:

<START> Simon <END>, <START> Susan <END> , and <START> Susie <END> want to go to New York.

I don't know what the annotation guidelines are for the bank case.  I would go with input one, or:

I put all of my money in <START> Hongkong Shanghai Bank Corporation <END> ( <START> HSBC <END> ) .

be sure to put spaces between tags and words.  Hope this helps...Tom