Create a new feature : Special Archive Rule

Developers
2009-01-14
2013-05-28
  • Nobody/Anonymous

Hello,
    I have checked out Mailarchiva from SVN, I need a particular feature which isn't implemented on the OSE version of Mailarchiva yet.
    I need to permit to create archive rule based on any header of an e-mail.
    For this, I need to permit admin to enter by himself any header name and an associate value in order to create this specific archive rule.

For example :
    header : "CORRESPONDANCE-TYPE"  value : "PERSONAL"    DO NOT ARCHIVE

I have already done some research but I didn't find anything yet.
    I would like to know if the Enterprise Edition of Mailarchiva implement this feature. If a plug-ins already exist? And if the development of a feature like this will be difficult?
    I hope my English is comprehensive!
    Thank you for your time,
    Guillaume C.

• Nobody/Anonymous

I agree that is a very important featue.  At our company and several companies we have done work for, x-headers get injected into the email to permit other applications like an email gateway to take specific action on that email.

This feature is useful for both selecting what to archive as well are determining retention.

Additionally it would be nice allow use to use two or more different headers to make a determination about archiving as well as retention.
      Headers
         X-Department: Legal
         X-Privledged: false
      retain for 365 days

vs
         X-Department: Legal
         X-Privledged: true
      retain 7 years

• Anonymous - 2009-09-22

We have received this request several times. We will see what we can do about implement this.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks