Menu

USRP B200 - Not seeing network at all

2017-08-04
2019-02-18
  • Dylanger Daly

Dylanger Daly - 2017-08-04

Hey Guys,

I'm using a USRP B200 with a Lenovo X250 running xubuntu 14.04 with gnuradio installed via install script, uhd drivers all work.

I've compiled the lastest version of OpenLTE, I can start the eNB daemon, connect to 30000, set it all up, I see my lights on the B200 come up, but every device I've tried to connect it to, it dosn't show up as a network I can connect to at all.

Devices Tested:
    - iPhone 6 Plus
    - Huawei Y5
    - Samsung Galaxy S8

This has been super fustrating as I've tied all diffrent bands, OSes and Laptops, the result is the same, no network showing up.

I'm currently using VERT 900 antennas, I've also set a sysmocom SIM up with correct MCC/MNC as well as set the IMEI and Ki up with OpenLTE.

I usually test with band 3 + VERT 900 antennas.

Any help wtih this would greatly appreciated, cheers!

Last edit: Dylanger Daly 2017-08-04
  • Dylanger Daly

Dylanger Daly - 2017-08-04

Errors are
    "LTE_fdd_enb_msgq.cc 234 phy_to_mac circular buffer empty on receive"

Peppered with current_tti from MAC does not match PHY

Last edit: Dylanger Daly 2017-08-04
  • Blinko

Blinko - 2017-08-06

Hi Dylanger ...

It seems that you are using your own LTE parameters to configure 127.0.0.1:30000 interface and also you are using a configured simcard of your own ... well maybe you can try to create a fake network with your operator parameters (use small tx_gain and inside a close environment, of course!), and see if you your phone detects OpenLTE signal. You can use your cellphone engineer mode or any appstore app to check LTE parametrs on your phone ... like the EARFCN that your cellphone is currently using ...

I have to say that when you call on a terminal the command:

sudo LTE_fdd_enodeb

and for some reason you stopped the daemon on the 127.0.0.1:30000 terminal, then you have to shutdown and start the "sudo LTE_fdd_enodeb" terminal because I have to say that doing stop/start doesn't work, you have to restart the hole thing.

With that said, probably you overlapped different errors ...

Cheers
    Blinko

• Dylanger Daly

Dylanger Daly - 2017-08-13

Hi Binko,

I've tried your suggestions however I appear to be getting the same errors, I'm also getting lots of 'U' and 'L's

I'm beginning to think it's an issue with the Lenovo X250's USB Bus and perhaps the CPU being too slow.

• Dominic Antony

Dominic Antony - 2019-02-18

Hi Dylanger

I would like to know if you had any success in detecting the OpenLTE network in your smartphones. If yes, could you please share what all are the workarounds you did and please do share your system configuration (processor, ram and OS), openlte system parameters(from control terminal) and the antenna you have used.

The hardware I'm using is NI USRP 2901 along with VERT900 antenna. The Sysem config is Intel i5, 16gb RAM, Ubuntu 14.04 LTS OS).

Please share the details you have used.

Kind Regards
      Dominic