Menu

Implementation for the USRP N210

2016-08-17
2018-09-15
  • Jerome Peyroutat

Hi,

I am currently working on the implementation of OpenLTE for the USRP N210.
    I have successfully integrated an SRC on the receive and send function and I am able to send/receive data to/from the USRP without any crash.

The sample rate of the USRP is 6.25Mhz and I am operating OpenLTE at a bandwith of 5Mhz.
    The SRC is implemented with a factor of 768/625 on receiving and 625/768 on sending on both the send/receive function (just before calling the phy->radio_interface function). The run of the SRC add an overload of 0.3ms. The radio_interface of the PHY is still called each 1ms.

USRP--(6.25MS/s)-->RADIO_receive--(resample 768/625)-->PHY_radio_interface--(...)-->RADIO_send--(resample 625/768)-->USRP

In PHY I have keep "fs = LIBLTE_PHY_FS_15_36MHZ" in the hope that all the calculation will remain the same. Unfortunatly It don't seem that the process_dl function (in PHY) is sending the right data in tx_buff when calling the radio->send(tx_buff) function. I have tested if the SRC was corrumpting the data but It is not the case.

For the moment I only want to make the eNodeB to advertise itself. To make sure that the problem wasn't the USRP N210, I have run OpenLTE with an USRP B210 while recording the sent data with the USRP N210 with a sample rate of 6.25MS/s. Then when I have replayed the captured data with the USRP N210 I was actually seeing the advertising of the eNodeB on the UE.

In RADIO I have :
    N_samps_per_subfr = LIBLTE_PHY_N_SAMPS_PER_SUBFR_6_25MHZ
    N_rx_samps = 1250
    N_tx_samps = 1250

In LIBLTE_PHY :
    // 5MHz bandwidth with usrp2
    #define LIBLTE_PHY_N_SAMPS_PER_SLOT_6_25MHZ 3125
    #define LIBLTE_PHY_N_SAMPS_PER_SUBFR_6_25MHZ (LIBLTE_PHY_N_SAMPS_PER_SLOT_6_25MHZLIBLTE_PHY_N_SLOTS_PER_SUBFR)
    _#define LIBLTE_PHY_N_SAMPS_PER_FRAME_6_25MHZ (LIBLTE_PHY_N_SAMPS_PER_SUBFR_6_25MHZ
    LIBLTE_PHY_N_SUBFR_PER_FRAME)

Do you have any ideas concerning why the data passed in the radio->send(tx_buff) are not the same when using the USRP N210 ? Or any remark about my implementation of the USRP N210 ?

Last edit: Jerome Peyroutat 2016-08-17