Menu

Current support for NI USRP-2901

Anonymous
2017-10-03
2019-02-17
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2017-10-03

Hello.

I am doing some investigation about open source LTE implementations to deploy an experimental network for my Degree's Final Project. The department that is going to tutorize me has a National Instruments SDR device, specifically the USRP-2901.

My tutor and I have decided to choose OpenLTE for the project, and we would like to know if there is current support for this device (NI USRP-2901) to work as an eNodeB. If not, we would buy an Ettus Research USRP B210, which as far as we are concerned, has the eNodeB support.

I have searched the discussion threads to find an answer to this question, but the most recent information dates of 2015/2016 and by then there was no actual support.

Thank you in advance for your attention.

Kind regards,

David.

• sarosh

sarosh - 2017-10-20

Hi, That's the same question I wanted to ask. Dear david, please let me know if you have any update about support of usrp 2920 in tyhe current version?

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2017-11-19

Hello.

We have been able to run OpenLTE with the NI USRP-2901 and broadcast a test network. The device is detected as an Ettus Research USRP B210.

The steps we have followed are the same that the ones on the wiki. So far, we have not needed any special configuration.

I'll update this thread with further information when our investigation progresses.

Kind regards,

David.

• Dominic Antony

Dominic Antony - 2019-02-17

Great David, So you can surely help me.

Me too using the NI 2901 USRP, but for some reason the network is not getting detected.
      The device is detected and I'm able to run the code,everything seems fine except the network is not detected.

Wiki was the reference and followed the steps given to instal, run, and configure openlte.

Could you please share with me your system configuration , openlte system parameters and the antenna you used. This is so important for me.

Thanks for your consideration

Dominic