Menu

And now for something completely different...

2004-01-26
2004-01-26
  • Rick Shafer

Rick Shafer - 2004-01-26

It was suggested at an earlier meeting that we should probably have a social meeting in an NWN module.  In order to do this we need the following:
    A module... something simple with a well fleshed out social environment (the ever popular tavern scene springs to mind... I prefer virtual bending the elbow rather than bending the knees in say a virtual temple to good and truth).  I'd knock one out myself, except, well, there is a good reason I'm spending time in OK and not running my own campaign.
    A server:  Someone with bandwidth to burn (broadband obviously) and a decent machine.  All I can offer is a B&WG3 and a 700k down / 200k up ADSL connection.  I'll host it unless someone can beat that.  (most likely someone can). 
    A time and date:  I would suggest one of the "regular" slots.  Not during a regular meeting but perhaps during one of the less popular splinters.  Feb 12th is the next OKDocs splinter... that should give us enough time to iron out the rest of the details and for everyone get it on their calendar.

To begin with, let's make it local vault (but with some simple password, like OpenKnights, to keep out the riffraff).  Let everyone bring their favorite avatar, hang out and swap their favorite stories about the fun they've had *in* the game... (remind me to tell you about my first attempt to use an area affect spell, and then there was the case of the pregnant barbarian princess).

• Sumpfork

Sumpfork - 2004-01-26

I can offer two options. For a specific meeting time I can fire up a server on my 1.25 GHz powerbook. I do this all the time for games. For an always-up server I can run something on a decently fast linux box. Both would have direct T1 connections.