OpenIT 2.0-beta1 Release
2.0-beta1 is the first beta release for the 2.0 series of OpenIT.
There is still some way to go before 2.0-final, so expect at least a
couple more beta releases and at least one RC release.
A MySQL dump of the OpenIT database schema is now located
under the tools directory and is used by the setup.php script to
automatically create OpenIT's database.
The tools/check.php script is useful for upgrading OpenIT. It will
report missing tables and fields as well as other database
Probably the biggest change between alpha4 and beta1 is the
addition of the Peripherals section. Peripherals may replace
Printers in the near (pre-2.0-final) future. However, all of the critical
fields in Printers are included in Peripherals.
Many thanks to Jeremy (foobarbam), the newest OpenIT developer,
for all of his hard work on this release.
Note: PostgreSQL currently does not work "out of the box."
- Added Peripherals Section (foobarbam)
- Added ability to reformat Computer's and Peripheral's ID (foobarbam)
- Improved settings.ini handling (michaelss)
- Reimplemented DHTML calendar for Out of Office (michaelss)
- Streamlined permissions and language loading (michaelss)
Log in to post a comment.