Retiring from OpenIT

• Michael Schurter

I want to officially retire from maintaining OpenIT.  I would love for one of the active developers (Nick?) to take over being the official caretaker.

I probably should have posted months ago, but I kept thinking I might come back to OpenIT.

Thanks to everyone who used and contributed to OpenIT!  It was lots of fun, and I learned a lot working on it.

A final piece of advice to anyone planning on maintaining this project long term:  Look into a database API that offers ORM (Object-Relational Mapping) features.  OpenIT was kind of inventing its own with the huge arrays describing the database schema.  I think moving to an existing ORM framework would make adding new fields, tables, etc. much much easier.

Please post in this thread or e-mail me directly if you're interested in taking over OpenIT.

Michael Schurter
    OpenIT Creator

• Prachait Saxena

Prachait Saxena - 2007-02-28

Hi Michael Schurter

Few days back only I started using the OpenIT for a corporate and I am very much happy with the application.

I should thank you for your work.

Even, I am looking forward to develop new features in that.
      Can you tell me, how will be looking that part, so that i can directly contact him

Waiting for your reply at

Prachait Saxena

• Nick Vrtis

Nick Vrtis - 2007-04-22

Sorry I did not reply sooner.  I would like to see OpenIT keep going, so I'll volunteer to take it over.  I can't promise to devote full time to it, but will look after it.  There are still some things I'm working on for Version 3.  Specifically, I want to make the link with Active Directory "official".  I've got most of the code I can rip out of another system I customized.  If I get energetic enough, I might even add the code to create an OpenIT user on the fly if they have an Active Directory account.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks