undefined references when linking

Developers
Anthony T.
2011-03-29
2013-05-02
  • Anthony T.

Anthony T. - 2011-03-29

Hi,

Firstly, I'm using using Debian Sid/Wheezy x64.

Whenever I try to link a project with DevIL, I get some linker errors.

I get several (many) undefined references to ilHalfToFloat. I have configured IL to build with ILU and ILUT, if that matters.

Unfortunately I do not have my development system with me at the moment, so I may have to revisit this again later, but I also get one or two linker errors regarding undefined references to some Dxtcread… functions. I was sure I configured it to build without any DirectDraw related stuff, but I may have missed something. What are all of the DD related configure options I must turn off?

TIA

• Anthony T.

Anthony T. - 2011-03-30

(.text+0x19f8): undefined reference to DxtcReadColor' /home/anthony/src/devil-1.7.8/lib/.libs/libIL.a(libIL_la-il_tpl.o): In functioniLoadTplInternal':
    (.text+0x1a14): undefined reference to DxtcReadColor' /home/anthony/src/devil-1.7.8/lib/.libs/libIL.a(libIL_la-il_convbuff.o): In functioniSwitchTypes':
    (.text+0x9ef4): undefined reference to ilHalfToFloat' /home/anthony/src/devil-1.7.8/lib/.libs/libIL.a(libIL_la-il_convbuff.o): In functioniSwitchTypes':
    (.text+0xa3fc): undefined reference to ilHalfToFloat' /home/anthony/src/devil-1.7.8/lib/.libs/libIL.a(libIL_la-il_convbuff.o): In functioniSwitchTypes':
    (.text+0xa93c): undefined reference to ilHalfToFloat' /home/anthony/src/devil-1.7.8/lib/.libs/libIL.a(libIL_la-il_convbuff.o): In functioniSwitchTypes':
    (.text+0xaef8): undefined reference to ilHalfToFloat' /home/anthony/src/devil-1.7.8/lib/.libs/libIL.a(libIL_la-il_convbuff.o): In functioniSwitchTypes':
    (.text+0xb328): undefined reference to ilHalfToFloat' /home/anthony/src/devil-1.7.8/lib/.libs/libIL.a(libIL_la-il_convbuff.o): In functioniSwitchTypes':
    (.text+0xb480): undefined reference to ilFloatToHalf' /home/anthony/src/devil-1.7.8/lib/.libs/libIL.a(libIL_la-il_convbuff.o): In functioniSwitchTypes':
    (.text+0xb508): undefined reference to ilFloatToHalf' /home/anthony/src/devil-1.7.8/lib/.libs/libIL.a(libIL_la-il_convbuff.o): In functioniSwitchTypes':
    (.text+0xb594): undefined reference to ilFloatToHalf' /home/anthony/src/devil-1.7.8/lib/.libs/libIL.a(libIL_la-il_convbuff.o): In functioniSwitchTypes':
    (.text+0xb620): undefined reference to ilFloatToHalf' /home/anthony/src/devil-1.7.8/lib/.libs/libIL.a(libIL_la-il_convbuff.o): In functioniSwitchTypes':
    (.text+0xb6d8): undefined reference to ilFloatToHalf' /home/anthony/src/devil-1.7.8/lib/.libs/libIL.a(libIL_la-il_convbuff.o):(.text+0xb764): more undefined references toilFloatToHalf' follow
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

• Anthony T.

Anthony T. - 2011-03-30

Ok, did a make distclean, configure again, and rebuilt the library, and it went away.

Odd.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks