Dear OpenI Community:
We are very happy to announce the long-awaited OpenI 1.3.0 release. The team was sort of on a hiatus over the winter, but now back on track to move the project forward.
Special thanks to Paul Lucas and Dipendra Pokhrel for contributing the majority of the code, and of course, to Pedro Casals for continued support on the internationalization front as well as making fixes on jPivot and Mondrian side.
With this release, we are moving further into the direction of being an application that supports analytical functions "out of the box". Our vision remains to be an app that one can install easily, point to existing data sources, whether OLAP, RDBMS, or data mining tools, and start visualizing the data right away.
Some key additions in this release are:
* Filter Multiple Selections -- select multiple member values under filter dimensions (previously one could only select one member value per filter dimension)
* Live EDA -- point to an existing OLAP cube and auto-generate individual analyses for each dimension; allowing easy "eye-balling" information in a cube
* Queued Drillthrough -- this bypasses OLAP-based drillthrough to execute custom SQL code to pull drillthrough details, enabling custom list-cut type features
* Feed Services -- our foray into data profiling part of ETL, this allows quick profiling of text file data to validate format and structure
* Enhanced Security
* i18n and user profile -- thanks again to Pedro for this, which enables implementing OpenI in any language, where language is defined as a part of user profile
For a complete list of features, bug fixes, and known issues, please visit: http://wiki.openi.org/index.php/Releases#OpenI_1.3.0
So -- go ahead, download, play around -- we always love to hear from you. And if you are adventurous, maybe you want to become a contributor. We welcome participation at all levels. After all, that is what open source is all about.
Project Lead, openi.org
Log in to post a comment.