From: Jan Willamowius <jan@wi...> - 2006-12-22 08:40:46
GNU Gatekeeper 2.2.5
A new stable version of the GNU Gatekeeper has been released.
Source code and executables can be downloaded from
This release fixes some issues larger installations had with call
failover and should generally improve stability.
Some of new features in this release are
- virtual queue support for LRQs
- support for canMapAlias for LRQs
- syslog accounting module on Unix
- status port filtering (suppress not needed messages)
- improved H.235 support (needs OpenH323 1.19.x)
- new DNS SRV routing policy (needs OpenH323 1.19.x)
- improved support for NAT detection / handling
- new [RewriteAlias] config (rewrite non-E.164 aliases)
- support for working with unknown neighbor gatekeepers
- registration priorities added
The complete changelog is appended to this announcement.
For more information on compiling the source code, please see
As always, I'd like to send out a big 'Thank you' to all contributors
and sponsors who worked on this release.
Jan Willamowius, jan@..., http://www.gnugk.org/
Changes from 2.2.4 to 2.2.5
- RADIUS AAA module now handles a Class attribute correctly
- BUGFIX(clirw.cxx) missing iterator check, that could cause an invalid
memory access, fixed - thanks to Vladimir Voronin
- implement optional call-id parameter for Routing commands
- Bugfix(RasSrv.cxx) fix SignalCallID=1
- Bugfix(Proxychannel.cxx) avoid inserting same socket twice in cleanup
- Bugfix(Proxychannel.cxx) make sure all members of CallSignalSocket are
initialized on creation
- Bugfix(yasocket.cxx) send very large status port messages
in 10KB chunks and sleep after each
- new feature: StatusPort filtering by Doron Bleiberg
- new switch: [RoutedMode]DisableRetryChecks retries all calls
- BUGFIX(ProxyChannel.cxx) make sure we preserve the original Setup
message for retries and not only copy the buffer address
- Bugfix(Neighbor.cxx) copy canMapAlias when forwarding LRQs
- implement virtual queues for LRQs sponsored by Associated Engineering
- implement canMapAlias for LCFs sponsored by TelecomUnity Ltd.
- copy all unknown IEs in Notify messages when forwarding
(fixes some failed transfers)
- BUGFIX(*.cxx) set all deleted pointers to NULL
- new SyslogAcct accounting module for the Unix syslog
- (gkauth.cxx)Reapplied H235.1 (formally known as H235AnnexA) by using
OpenH323 Authenticator factory loader
- (rassrv.cxx)Registration Priority Added
- (Proxychannel.cxx)TreatUnregisteredNat added. Treat unregistered
calls unknown NAT status as being NAT
- (routing.cxx)DNS SRV support to DNS Routing policy
- (toolkit.cxx)RewriteAlias section added
- BUGFIX(ProxyChannel.cxx) WaitAndSignal added to OnInformation to
avoid NAT support crash.
- BUGFIX(ProxyChannel.cxx) Check for NATSupport added.
- BUGFIX(RasTbl.cxx) WaitAndSignal added to FindByEndPointid()
- BUGFIX(ProxyChannel.cxx) Added SupportCallingNATedEndpoints.
- Moved DNS SRV to it's own seperate policy
- Registration pre-emption support added
- Support for EP's on dynamic IP's
- fixed code to compile with the latest pwlib CVS (STL string
- Added support for GnuGK to work behind NAT box
- Added support for Third party (non-neighbor) Gatekeepers
- Added auto-detection on internal network for proxy mode.
- Added DefaultDomain for H323 URI rewriting