Help
Tekken666
2009-11-20
2018-07-21
  • tea4two

tea4two - 2009-11-20

Hi tekken,
        It's strange.

Have you tried to repeat all steps from scratch ?

Which Eclipse version are using ?

Is Windows or Linux ?

It seems that some Library path are not recognized.

Let me know, if something is wrong in Documentation I can correct.

Regards,
    - Pierluigi

• Tekken666

Tekken666 - 2009-11-20

Hi Pierliigi!

First, Thank You for reply.
    1. Yes I tried repeat all steps few times, always with the same result (I even tried with a different OpenGTS versions).
    2. I using last version of Eclipse (3.5):   eclipse-java-galileo-SR1-win32.zip downloaded from www.eclipse.org Windows version (tried on Windows 7 and Windows XP on differents PCs).

I don't know why this path are not recognizing. Have you some ideas?

Can you try do it again with Eclipse 3.5 on your PC and see??

Best Regards
    Daniel

• tea4two

tea4two - 2009-11-20

I'm sorry, I don't use Windows, but Linux.

It seems a build issue.
    Under Linux I prefer to compile running "ant" command inside a console, not inside Eclipse.

Check if you can compile source code inside a DOS window.
    Read the OpenGTS_Config.pdf inside the package.

To compile inside Eclipse probably you must create a new specific Builder for the project: Project->Properties->Builders.

Disable Java Builder and try to use an Ant Builder, but you need to configure it (environment vars too).

Let me Know If you solve, so I can update the Documentation.

Regards,
    - Pierluigi

• Tekken666

Tekken666 - 2009-11-23

I tried to build using AntBuilder inside Eclipse (like you said in pdf doc) and still errors appearing. I will be trying to do something, any suggestions and ideas will be helpful.

Best Regards
    Daniel

• tea4two

tea4two - 2009-11-23

Hi Daniel,
      compile doesn't work under Linux too.. :-(

I disable Automatic Build and compile always using command line so I don't have this issue ;-)

BTW, It's important to solve this issue.
    Please try to compile OpenGTS without using Eclipse.
    Follow instruction in the OpenGTS_Config.pdf documentation.
    This assure your configuration is OK, expecially environment vars.

After disable Project->Build Automatically inside Eclipse, that try to check if all reference are recognized.
    Try to open a java file, than right click over a function and click on Open Declaration. The java file where the function is defined must be open and should position on the selected function  code.

Let me know if this work according under Windows too.

Regards,
    - Pierluigi

• Oskar H

Oskar H - 2009-11-24

i have the same error with windows7 and the newest eclipse version so i decided to develop under unix. But my friend said he could build (no debug) OpenGTS with Netbeans (uhh ugly) under win7 … try it maybe you have the same results and you can compile it

• Tekken666

Tekken666 - 2009-11-24

Can anybody check used encoding(eclipse project properties)???  Maybe this is the reason that is working on tea4two computer and not on others?

Also my friend tried to change src folder from read only to read/write and one time build was ok.

• tea4two

tea4two - 2009-11-24

Hi all,

My Eclipse (V 3.4.2 under FC11) uses UTF-8 encoding.

BTW,
    I tried to install Eclipse and run "build all" under a fresh Windows install.
    Build is quite OK, altought  the Problems window show several Errors and Warnings.
    I've got only an error during build related to javax.mail…. library (sorry I don't remember the name) inside gtsutils.jar library. (opps, I haven't GTS_HOME defined, could be this the reason ?).

To achieve this goal it's important that the Build Environment is installed correctly and you can compile using the Command Prompt.

PLEASE!!! Follow instruction about "OpenGTS_Config.pdf" inside the zip file.

The only difference is that Eclipse use an internal Ant builder.

Different form the documentation You can try to add Environment Variable in Windows and not inside Eclipse (ANT_HOME, CATALINA_HOME, JAVA_HOME and GTS_HOME).

Remember that to build Eclipse must be hear some code changes, so to compile add one space the save any file.

Let me know,
    - Pierluigi

• Tekken666

Tekken666 - 2009-11-24

OK. Pierluigi thanks for ideas, I will try (didn't know about code changes to build in Eclipse)

• tea4two

tea4two - 2009-11-24

Make attention by default the build directory is <project name>/bin…..
    running build you lost all program in the bin dir.

OpenGTS use the name "build" instead of "bin",

Change this path in the project properties inside Eclipse.

- Pierluigi

• Tekken666

Tekken666 - 2009-11-25

I tried to install OpenGTS on my Laptop with Windows7 64x but I had problems with apache Tomcat and new Java SDK. Is it a possible to use GlassFish against tomcat ?? Somebody tried this???

Another question is about changing OpenGTS web interface. Where I should start?

Pierluigi I will try to install OpenGTS on my laptop and open it in Eclipse. I will add a some conclusions about it later.

• Martin Flynn

Martin Flynn - 2009-11-27

Hello, 

We have not yet tried running OpenGTS on Windows 7.  Maybe someone else on the forum can provide some input on their experience with this.  

The individual pages in the OpenGTS web interface are assembled by the "WebPages" tag section in the 'private.xml' file.  Take a look at that section to see the way that the UI is currently laid out in the menu-groups.  The separate pages can be modified in Java code in the "src/org/opengts/war/track/pages/" dreictory. 

Best Regards,  
    -Martin 

• Tekken666

Tekken666 - 2009-11-27

Hello everybody,

I tried again to install OpenGTS with Eclipse on Windows 7 x64 but I didn't have time to write some here.

So in few sentence: IT WORK'S :D. I tried like Pierluigi said. First disable Auto Building in Eclipse. Next I configured a Ant Build with variables (ANT_HOME, CATALINA_HOME etc.).  And after editing an OpenGTS file (by adding space like said Pierluigi few post earlier) and build. SO eclipse now building correctly.

Like I said before I have problems with new version of java JDK (6.17) and Tomcat. Tomcat don't want to start. I read on net that there is problem with msvcr71.dll file, BUT in new version of java there is no msvcr71.dll file and I cannot copy it to tomcat bin folder (I tried also downloading msvcr71.dll file from internet but it don't want to start also).

So I repeat my question: Is possible to run GlassFish server as opportunity to Tomcat ?? Is it will be running with OpenGTS?? If not, what to change??? (varaible Catalina? ).

Thanks in advance

Best Regards,
    Daniel

• tea4two

tea4two - 2009-11-27

Hi Daniel,
    good news :-)

When you have completed to setup a working Eclipse environment under Windows, would you like to update the existing documentation ?

Let me know.
    - Pierluigi

• Tekken666

Tekken666 - 2009-11-27

Hi Pierluigi,

Sure I can. But it will take some time. I will make documentation for Windows. Pierluigi if You will have some time, can you check that is possibly to run Glassfish server ???

Best Regards,
    Daniel

• tea4two

tea4two - 2009-11-27

Hi Daniel,
    I don't know Glassfish and I haven't time until Christmas to know It.

BTW, which version of Tomcat are you using under 7 ?
    Is the Installer or source ?
    If is the first you can try to install it in compatibility XP SP2 mode.

For the document update I can send to you the source of PDF written by me to speed up your work.

Regards,
    - Pierluigi

• Tekken666

Tekken666 - 2009-11-27

Hi

Im using last version of tomcat . It is installer. I didnt istalling it on compability with XP mode but I remember that I had the same problem on XP but there after copy dll file its working.

So please send me source of your pdf to adress tekken666ATos.pl

Regards
    Daniel

• Tekken666

Tekken666 - 2009-11-27

Hello everybody again,

So I added some Windows screens and describes to OpenGTS to Eclips pdf and sended it to Pierluigi to check.

About GlassFish… I'm so suprised!! I only started it and there is very nice administration panel. And I only add track.war to it (using admin panel) and thats it. It is working! :D So no more problems with Tomcat :D.

Best Regards,
    Daniel

• Tekken666

Tekken666 - 2009-11-27

sorry for my english :P, there should be 'sent', not 'sended' (LOL) of course :D.

• tea4two

tea4two - 2009-11-30

Hi all,

the new documentation including Windows setup is available

Thanks to Daniel

: http://www.opengts.com/documentation.html

• milan singh

milan singh - 2018-06-06

Hello Everyone,

I have a problem with integrate OpenGTS to Eclips. I tried make this with tutorial
    http://www.opengts.com/OpenGTS_Eclipse.pdf ,but i am facing the error while running the project
    using external tools screen shot is attached ,please help me out .Thank you in advance.

• tea4two

tea4two - 2018-06-06

Hello Milan,

Have you setup Environment Variable according pag 15 of OpenGTS_Eclipse.pdf ?
    I suppose you missed it ;-)

Let me know
    - Pierluigi

• milan singh

milan singh - 2018-07-21

Hello Pierluigi,

I have not missed it ,kinldy help me out and thankyou for your reply.