GeoZone Alertrs

Help
2012-09-15
2013-06-12
  • madhusudhana

madhusudhana - 2012-09-15

Hi All,

How to implement Geo Zone alerts to the ( SMS Alerts) to the mobile numbers. Please help me regarding this.

Regards,
    Madhu

• Sandeep

Sandeep - 2012-09-18

Hello Madhu

You have to add the Code into your DCS Server protocol which will check every time when packets received into your server.
    If Location is Geozone Address then Send Sms else not.

Thank You

Regards,
    Sandeep

• madhusudhana

madhusudhana - 2013-02-04

Hello Sandeep,

Thanks for reply. I am new for OpenGTS, please suggest me how to check the event for Geo-Zone alerts. I am new for java code in openGTS. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    MAdhu

• Sandeep

Sandeep - 2013-02-04

Hello Madhu

In latest OpenGTS version, there is a DCS of tk10x. Check the dcservers.xml file there is an option of stimulegeozone

<Property key="simulateGeozones">true</Property> <!- if supported ->
                <!-
                 === "simulateGeozones" - If true, the DCS will check for geozone arrivals/departures
                 === and insert the appropriate arrive/depart events.
                 ->

And add the SMS api in config.conf file and Done

When ever new In Out Event trigger SMS is send to the vehicle owner.

Thank you
    Regards,
    Sandeep

• madhusudhana

madhusudhana - 2013-02-06

Hello Sandeep,

Thanks for such a quick reply.
    I am using the Icare server. I update the code which you said in the above. But i am not receiving any Geozone IN,OUT in my DCS.
    Please let me know how to do for Icare server.
    Please suggest me step by step for SMS gateway configuration also. I am waiting for your response.

Regards,
    Madhu

• Sandeep

Sandeep - 2013-02-13

Hello Madhu

Please check the OpenGTS new version and DCS protocol of TK10x.  And also check that how the simulate geozone is working with tk10x.

You must enable the Geozone IN OUT option in Geozone Admin and Notify Email/Mobile Option in Vehicle Admin.

In custom.conf or common.conf file you can see an option of   SMS Gateway option to Set the HTTP API for  SMS

Thank you

• madhusudhana

madhusudhana - 2013-02-18

Hello Sandeep,
    Again Thanks for such a quick reply.
    I need another help from you. How to add a validations for the phone number fields in Account, Device information on the openGTS. Please explain me step by step. I wat to allow only 10 digits on the phone number field, in that only numbers.

Regards,
    Madhu

• Sandeep

Sandeep - 2013-02-18

Hello

I think that you want this feature for Indian mobile no. and want to allow only 10 digit mobile no. to Send SMS Alerts. Not a Contact Number field.

I don't know is it work perfectly or not.

Just try it. In MySQL, there is a table "Device" in that there is 1 field "NotifySMS". Just set there Type as "Int" if not set and Length "10" and save it.

Now from OpenGTS just check it, does it giving any error while adding the mobile no. more than 10 Digit.

Thank You

• madhusudhana

Ok Sandeep,

I will try and i will let you know. Thanks for your help.

regards,
    Madhu

• madhusudhana

Hi Sandeep,

I tried as you mentioned in the above . when i am trying to enter charecters in that fields, it's not moving the page forward.
    My requirement is when we are trying to enter the data apart from the numeric values it should show the alert message as "invalid phomne number". This just like a contact email id. Please help me. thanks in advance,

Regards,
    Madhu

• Sandeep

Sandeep - 2013-02-23

Hello Madhu

If you didn't get any solution, here is my new solution for you which will work 100%

in src/org/opengts/war/track/page directory there is different java pages. Check the DeviceInfo.java page and edit the mobile number field

and add this sample code in it with some changes

function checkmobile(mobileno)
    {
    if(isNaN(mobileno))
    {
    return false;
    }
    else if(mobileno.length != 10)
    {
    return false;
    }
    else if(!(mobileno.charAt(0) == '9' || mobileno.charAt(0) == '8' || mobileno.charAt(0) == '7'))
    {
    return false;
    }

return true;
    }

I will not explain the code. You have to understand it and do the necessary changes in it.

Thank you

Regards,
    Sandeep

• madhusudhana

madhusudhana - 2013-02-25

Hi Sandeep,

Thanks for helping me a lot. But i am unable to place this piece of code in the DeviceInfo.java. Please let me know in detail as per openGTS code.

Regards,
    Madhu

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks