Menu

OpenGC not receiving data from FlightGear

Help
umnuav09
2007-06-04
2013-04-10
  • umnuav09

umnuav09 - 2007-06-04

I am using the opengc-0.56 for Windows with FlightGear v0.9.10, and I cannot get the OpenGc to read the data in from the FlightGear.  I followed all the directions in the PDF version of opengc_install_guide, however, I am running opengc on the same computer as the flight sim. 

If anyone has experienced the same problem, or has a possible solution I would much appreciate your insight. 

Thank You,
    Tom

• ldsfly

ldsfly - 2007-08-08

Jake,

I have experienced the same problem running opengc-0.56 and FG 0.9.10 in same machine.  I am using WinXP SP2 and currently checking both source code in order to find any hint about the problem. One thing I know: the socket is not connecting, since this will make OGC print a line in command window that action. Still checking.

LdsFly

• umnuav09

umnuav09 - 2007-08-08

I gave up on the idea of connecting OpenGC to FlightGear, because the purpose of my project is to visualize the flight of a UAV in real time.  So my focus changed to serial communication with specific data packets in mind. 

However, I talked with Curtis Olson about the problem, and he said that opengc-0.56 was meant for an older version of FlightGear that had a different data structure.  If you have your mind set on FlightGear e-mail someone involved in FlightGear, or download FlighGear's source code to see the structure.  However, your connection error could well be something other than just a structure error.

Tom

• Bohdan Mushkevych

Hi

We are using modified/refactored version of the OpenGC for the UAV project.
    FlightGear is used for the testing and tuning of the UAV systems.

Please refer to http://gitorious.org/albatross/pages/IntegrationWithFlightGear wiki page for instruction on how to use Albatross OpenGC with FlighGear
    You can also check http://gitorious.org/albatross/albatross for the latest OpenGC code