Menu

Few Questions?

sdcpune
2009-08-22
2013-04-25
  • sdcpune

sdcpune - 2009-08-22

1) I believe Heat-Transfer is being solved already. Thus if our Inlet and Outlet (or some Wall) is maintained with a temperature gradient, OpenFVM solver will calculate T appropriately - Pl. confirm.
    2) How about Energy balance accounting for "phase change" for one of the fluid inside the domain. It might be clear that "Heating / Cooling" will be forced on one of the boundary to allow for phase change.
    3) Turbulence consideration - I think you have already answered this question before. Volunteers should come forward - the code is really easy for "getting started".
    4) Very sincerely - how do compare OpenFVM with rasInterFoam, lesInterFoam, interDynFoam solvers offered by OpenFOAM? Getting started with OpenFVM is very easy. Contributions can come in once it known where we stand with the problem domain we have in mind.

OpenFVM does what it says. Thank you very much for sharing it with us.

• sdcpune

sdcpune - 2009-08-24

Hello x-flow,

I will add some comments based on our current understanding;
      1) "Tutorial" - Lid driven cavity already demonstrates this. If we manipulate the Thermal Conductivity (essentially employ a different fluid material), we get to see the temperature flow due to conduction. So please confirm on; Conduction, Convection (fluid0 to fluid1), and Convection fluid0 with Wall - calculation is already happening.

If our understanding on Heat-Transfer is correct, then please give your comments/suggestions on #2

On #3 we are really comparing results. Turbulence, surface tension, contact angle consideration would impact our problem domain, we are not sure.

sdcpune (bunch of research students with CFD masters degree course)