Anonymous - 2009-12-20

Hi,

First, I would like to say that I have been quite impressed by OpenFVM. I think it is a great project.

I have been working on linking Google Sketchup with GMSH and OpenFVM. Google Sketchup (http://sketchup.google.com/) is a fairly easy to use 3D software with a free version (does not work on Linux).

So far I managed to export the geometry in the GMSH .geo format, define boundary conditions and some basic setup parameters and export them in the appropriate OpenFVM formats. One can start the analysis (meshing and OpenFVM) from the Google Sketchup GUI. For post-processing, I am still relying on GMSH (but have long term plans to incorporate them into Sketchup).

I am in pre-release testing stage for the first version and would be interested in having others test it out before doing an "official" release. If you are interested, please reply to this thread or send me an email at julien.decharentenay@gmail.com.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Julien de Charentenay

PS: I would be happy to contribute to OpenFVM development. In the short term I could write the script to create a Windows installer using Inno Setup. Email me if interested.